Black actually shows the fish better .

I beg to differ if that was the case why are all show vats a pesifik light blue coulour and koi inspection bowls always light blue it's Been proven light blue its the coular that shows kois true beauty the only benefit of black and dark Coulars in a pond is not to stress the fish and make it to light my chagoi is a dark brown coular and sometimes find it very hard of notice in the pond with black liner but in the bowl she looks amazing

• Like 1

I agree with cushty light blue I a lot better to show the fish up seen many black lined ponds and wasn't impressed at all and seen some blue liner ponds and it caught my eye a lot more notice the fish more and there colours stand out more but each to there own i suppose

I agree with cushty light blue I a lot better to show the fish up seen many black lined ponds and wasn't impressed at all and seen some blue liner ponds and it caught my eye a lot more notice the fish more and there colours stand out more but each to there own i suppose

Did you get your pond finneshed or still in progress Rex I'm currently winterising the pond feeding wheat germ now getting colder but fish still hungry

Liner all the way for me in your position, concrete I'd have gone for the paint on stuff. Problem with brick work is that it will move, no matter how good a bricky you are, the amount of pressure on the brick work pressing outward will cause it to leak, more so when the ground settles. As an upright structure holding weight up, blockwork is good, but for holding weight or pressure from the sides, it may be doomed to fail, some seem to get away with it, but most end up filling their ponds with a hose every day because they're sick of emptying and refilling due to leaks.

I would not get into which colour is best suited but I have built a number of koi ponds for both myself and a few friends and in each case I have used G4 pond paint which is a superb product. It is basically a fibreglass resin paint to give a plastic finish and although I no longer keep koi, I still stay in touch with a friend who pond is painted with G4 and is now in it's 8th year, no issues whatsoever.

This is the product

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/G4-POND-PAINT-SEALER-CONCRETE-SEAL-WATERPROOF-PAINT-SEALANT-GARDEN-KOI-FISH-BOND-/190645891580

Hope that helps

Phil

• Like 1