133 Yards Head Shot With And Air Rifle

My friend that is a very good question and the answer to that is that i did not know it will lift its head. at that range it is near impossible to go out looking for a head shot. so in other words it was luck BUT what i always do is to compensate more the i should so i don't injure the animal but rather miss it, well in this case the dove just lifted its head and i got it. if it didn't do that a that split second i would have mist it. Ethical hunting my friend.

Cheers

Marno

• Like 4

interesting shot

Thanks I think

Pure luck I think

At that range I would have thought that there was more chance of injury than a clean kill !

Hey but every body to there own

Of course the head shot was luck but if you ask me to do it again will and where will i injure the bird? Im not shooting a 12 fpe air rifle its a 30 fpe air rifle.

A fluke.

Why would you say that? here is a shot of mine that I took at 116 meter [youtube]DWjfqKQdTr4[/youtube]

Is this also a fluke? well if so go check out my channel and see how many head shots i take and at what ranges i do it my friend. difficult YES impossible NO!

What power are your air rifles firing at then?

31FPE

Well done, headshots aside, I dont know what ftlbs energy your pellet would retain at 133 yards, however small doves are not exactly hard to kill with a body shot, so even if the shot had gone low, in all probability that would have been a dead dove, your rifle is doing 31ftlbs, and there are plenty who boast about shooting rabbits @ 60 yards with a 12ftlbs rifle,so without being all pedantic and too technical, your rifle is producing almost 3 times the power@ just over twice the range, of the man shooting at a rabbit with his sub 12 ftlbs rifle,I am not knocking the guys who do it, far from it, its damn impressive to cleanly kill a rabbit @ 60 yards with a uk limit rifle, but nobody can knock you for that kind of shot in my opinion.

Well done, headshots aside, I dont know what ftlbs energy your pellet would retain at 133 yards, however small doves are not exactly hard to kill with a body shot, so even if the shot had gone low, in all probability that would have been a dead dove, your rifle is doing 31ftlbs, and there are plenty who boast about shooting rabbits @ 60 yards with a 12ftlbs rifle,so without being all pedantic and too technical, your rifle is producing almost 3 times the power@ just over twice the range, of the man shooting at a rabbit with his sub 12 ftlbs rifle,I am not knocking the guys who do it, far from it, its damn impressive to cleanly kill a rabbit @ 60 yards with a uk limit rifle, but nobody can knock you for that kind of shot in my opinion.

Thank you very much i here exactly what you are saying and i too take my hat off to the guys who can shoot a rabbit at that range with a 12 fpe air gun. In my case at 133 yards the pellet is at +- 5 fpe. Hitting the dove to low, it would have been injured or fall down not dead yet. So shot placement is critical.

I am not saying i am the best shot in the world but take a look through your scope and see how small a dove is at 133 yards. Then take a digital camera and set it up behind your scope, look through the camera at the dove and try to keep it as steady as possible. That is the art in the whole shot my friend, the skill to take the shot with all my gear and to show you the shot. Believe me when i am telling you that i am not bragging about it or mybe i do a little bit. But i have practice my bum of to take those long shots with a camera mounted to the scope.

Again thanks for your support and for the nice chat

Regards

Marno

• Like 1

Best shot was 57yards with air arm shooting at legal limit bit of luck aswell but it can be done