Very Poor And Conflicting Advice

Twelve months ago I purchased some Night Vision equipment from a company based in England.

After using it for several months, I decided to go the next step to enable video recording as well.

I enquired via email as to what I needed, and was advised to purchase their video cable and adaptor.

I also asked what brand of camera to buy.

By return email I was given two different brands.

So I found one of the recommended brands, and got its model number, and then to double check I asked via email if that particular model was suitable.

The reply said Yes,, it is suitable.

So based on their advice, I purchased the camera from the camera store.

I then also ordered the aforementioned cable and adaptor from the Night Vision company in England.

It took just over a month for it to arrive in Australia.

When I picked it up, I was annoyed to find that neither the cable or the adaptor would fit the camera.

After contacting the Night Vision company in England about it, and sending pictures of their cable and the camera,

I received an email saying that my camera was not suitable, and advised that I need to buy a different camera.

WTF ?

After I asked them BEFORE I bought it whether it was compatible or not, and they assured me that it was,,,,,,,,,,,

Now they say its not,,,, and go buy another camera.

I replied expressing my anger over their POOR and CONFLICTING advice.

Its been over a week now, and I have not had the courtesy of a reply.

Is this the sort of after sales service to be expected from an English company ????

If I could name and shame them publically I would do so willingly.

Could it just be that their cabling or plug is not compatible with other 'plug and play' parts you have that they assumed had different connections - and that they maybe thought you were going to hard wire it all which would have made it compatible?

Could you tell us the camera and other parts you have? - and indicate or post a photo of the connections perhaps?

This is the camera and its cord that I bought on their recommendations.

It is a double ended USB connection.

The Night Vision companies cable and its adaptor ends with 3 full size DIN plugs.

Apart from the fact that their cable/plugs don't fit the camera USB ports,, they also said that that camera itself is not suitable, whereas when I quoted the make and model camera in the first instance they said it was suitable.

post-95328-0-54900200-1441628392_thumb.jpg

Have to say that's stumped me, I'm not aware of any DVR/NV rig that would be connected via a usb cable.

I can only assume there is a camera with a name that sounds similar to that DVR.

I'd think its fair to at least indicate what the NV rig is - which might give us a clue as to who the vendor is without actually giving a name.

I'm curious about why you looked at anything that is not used by at least some NV users - well I'm assuming that's the case.

Have to say that's stumped me, I'm not aware of any DVR/NV rig that would be connected via a usb cable.

I can only assume there is a camera with a name that sounds similar to that DVR.

I'd think its fair to at least indicate what the NV rig is - which might give us a clue as to who the vendor is without actually giving a name.

I'm curious about why you looked at anything that is not used by at least some NV users - well I'm assuming that's the case.

Well, If I name the vendor I name the Company as they are one and the same.

To clarify,,,,

I bought the NV equipment direct from the manufacturer in England.

and,,

I bought this particular camera on the NV equipment manufacturers recommendation.

I had no previous experience whatsoever in NV cameras, and have no idea of what brands are usually used.

Hence, I relied solely on the advice of the NV equipment manufacturers recommendation, thinking that to be the wisest thing to do.

Thanks to one and all for your suggestions etc.

I have now been informed from a person that has good knowledge of cameras that the NightVision company definitely gave me incorrect advice in the first instance.

It seems this particular camera is incapable of recording from an external device.

I guess I simply got royally screwed by the NightVision company, because I'm not knowledgeable when it comes to cameras.

Cheers to all

• 4 months later...

I didn't think it was ethical, nor allowed, to actually NAME them.

Besides,, being on a pension I cannot afford to now go and buy another camera.

Thanks for your feelings and suggestions though.

You need to name them bud there's nothing unethical about it if you have a bad experience with a company :thumbs: also give the model of the nv unit ...you may help others from making the same mistake or someone may be Abel to help you more .
  • Like 1

I didn't think it was ethical, nor allowed, to actually NAME them.

Besides,, being on a pension I cannot afford to now go and buy another camera.

Thanks for your feelings and suggestions though.

You need to name them bud there's nothing unethical about it if you have a bad experience with a company :thumbs: also give the model of the nv unit ...you may help others from making the same mistake or someone may be Abel to help you more .

+1. I agree. Help to stop the other forum members making the same mistake when it comes to trusting the advice of this company. :thumbs:

• Like 1

OK you guys, the majority opinion here tells me to name the NV equipment I bought.

I do this purely on the basis that the camera I bought was what the company advised me as being compatible.

I have sent numerous emails back to the company with regard to their "poor and conflicting advice", and at time and date of writing this, I still have had NO new response from them at all.

The particular unit that I purchased is a NiteSite 200

I will add however that the night sight unit itself works very well and performs up to its claims and if anything it slightly exceeds the claimed distance.

It is only the fact that they gave me incorrect advice as to the camera to buy, and their stone walling me for a response to my complaints that I am bitter and disillusioned about.

Regards to all

• Like 2