The Future Of Working Lurchers.

Working lurcher Organisation - Countryside Alliance.  

104 members have voted

1. 1. With the recent rumbles regarding a amendment. Do lurcher men want & club that is willing to promote legitimate lurcher work , communicate their concerns at a higher level and a platform to share knowledge,experience & field trials etc.

• Yes - I think thats something we are missing.
    • I am not sure but, If i seen some action, id like to participate.
    • I am not interested.
  2. 2. Would You Join the CA "If " lurcher work was seen to be a concern of theirs?

• I already am a member.
    • Id join "IF" they were seen to be working, to protect & promote legitimate lurcher work.
    • I am not interested .
    • No . Id not even give them Ten pence.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will be a long term campaign, tough and certainly not for the weak hearted or those who cannot commit to and stick to the proposals as regards time and enthusiasm. Every body ,who is involved in

The term lurcher work covers a wide spectrum of countryside and sporting activities. I personally dont think joe public has any great objections to lurcher work as most of them wouldnt know or unders

With the recent proposed Amendment going on hold & a few related posts and topics on here..   Its got me thinking and most likely a few others.   I've touched upon the subject with some like

Posted Images

Right then. The Alliance for the Working Longdog/Lurcher (AWL).

Pros:

1/The title Alliance means: "an association of groups with a common aim" Is that not what we are and to become?

2/The name "Longdog" is an umbrella term that covers any type of sight hound, including, lurchers,whippets, saluki X greyhounds, Greyhounds, Salukis, etc. Is this not who we are to represent?

Cons:

1/ Would the title be acceptable to the majority?

2/ would another title be more to the point, whilst still representing all types of Longdogs, Sighthounds etc?

The Running Dog Alliance, (RDA)

Pros:

1/ it covers all running dogs.

2/ the name means what it say.

Cons:

1/ too broad a title, there are many types of running dogs that have no involvement in hunting, Track Greyhounds, etc

2/the name "Running dog" would be next to impossible to explain as a term for hunting.

The longdog alliance;

A none starter, too similar to the Alliance for the working Longdog.

That there may be others I understand, but time is of an essence

After this post i suggest a deadline of twenty four hours for any other suggestions, with full reasoning and merits. We will then get on with forming a steering group, and I will get on with changing all the documentation.

Alan Tyer.

Pros:

1/The title Alliance means: "an association of groups with a common aim" Is that not what we are and to become?

2/The name "Longdog" is an umbrella term that covers any type of sight hound, including, lurchers,whippets, saluki X greyhounds, Greyhounds, Salukis, etc. Is this not who we are to represent?

Cons:

2/ would another title be more to the point, whilst still representing all types of Longdogs, Sighthounds etc?

Pros:

Cons:

1/ too broad a title, there are many types of running dogs that have no involvement in hunting, Track Greyhounds, etc

2/the name "Running dog" would be next to impossible to explain as a term for hunting.

The longdog alliance;

After this post i suggest a deadline of twenty four hours for any other suggestions, with full reasoning and merits. We will then get on with forming a steering group, and I will get on with changing all the documentation.

Alan Tyer.

Alan, we already have a steering group and we meet in the next few weeks. with a view to putting together a proposal to Tim Bonner. Time is important, but of greater priority is getting things right. I thought you were already on board with that agenda?

• Like 2

The Working Lurcher Federation.

No need for Gb or British, just nice and short and sweet and simple.

The Code of Conduct was pasted earlier on in the thread by Paulus, I can't see it being improved much. :victory:

• Like 5

Pros:

Cons:

Pros:

Cons:

The longdog alliance;

Alan Tyer.

Alan I sent you a PM last night which you have acknowledged outlining the plans and time scales of the steering committee to that end I can't understand why you are still posting paragraphs such as the above.

Just so everybody is aware the five strong committee has been working for hours every day on this since they they were formed, a date has been decided for the meeting and an agenda is being drawn up, a date has also been agreed to meet with Tim Bonner. Everything that will be discussed and decided on the initial meeting will be put to Tim bonner and after that we will know in which direction we can take this, until then all these posts about this and that are pointless.

• Like 7