The Future Of Working Lurchers.

Working lurcher Organisation - Countryside Alliance.  

104 members have voted

1. 1. With the recent rumbles regarding a amendment. Do lurcher men want & club that is willing to promote legitimate lurcher work , communicate their concerns at a higher level and a platform to share knowledge,experience & field trials etc.

• Yes - I think thats something we are missing.
    • I am not sure but, If i seen some action, id like to participate.
    • I am not interested.
  2. 2. Would You Join the CA "If " lurcher work was seen to be a concern of theirs?

• I already am a member.
    • Id join "IF" they were seen to be working, to protect & promote legitimate lurcher work.
    • I am not interested .
    • No . Id not even give them Ten pence.

Rob, you should make a list of who wants to come, if none of the more credible figures want to come i will, i wouldn't mind a chat with the CA's top man about the future of our sport and what we can do to help promote proper lurcher work, it would me more suitable for at least one person with a wide area of experience within lurcher and terrier game to attend though rather than the young uns but if its what we have to do.....

DB i assume you would be up for it?

Edited by MickyB
  • Like 1

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will be a long term campaign, tough and certainly not for the weak hearted or those who cannot commit to and stick to the proposals as regards time and enthusiasm. Every body ,who is involved in

The term lurcher work covers a wide spectrum of countryside and sporting activities. I personally dont think joe public has any great objections to lurcher work as most of them wouldnt know or unders

With the recent proposed Amendment going on hold & a few related posts and topics on here..   Its got me thinking and most likely a few others.   I've touched upon the subject with some like

Posted Images

are you in Penny ?

Yes, I'm a sucker for trying to do something to promote hunting in a favourable light. I'm not holding my breath though, as I think we need someone at the helm with the charisma, energy and long term drive for our efforts to produce anything meaningful and permanent. Anything like this needs a structured approach, masses of commitment and time and dare I say it money? To produce anything similar to BASC, MAFH, NGO etc etc we need more than just great ideas.

• Like 9

Hats off to you dewclaw. very good email from you and response from Tim. If a lurcher association of some kind is started then a firm email to Norfolk police would be appropriate and other governing body's who are trying to taint the public to dog men.you don't see the police warning us about drug dealers or how to spot a burglar etc.

+3 me+wife well done mate :thumbs:

I have just spoken with A. T. from the ALC , he will be on later today to respond...

A.T is on the Council of Hunting Assocciations, so we have a spokesmen in place for us,.

Which ever route this takes, count me in :thumbs: .

Very well done Dewclaw & DB , Thanks to all concerned.

• Like 3

This will be a long term campaign, tough and certainly not for the weak hearted or those who cannot commit to and stick to the proposals as regards time and enthusiasm. Every body ,who is involved in country activities, be it actively or even armchair supporters (age catches up with us all eventually) are welcome to join hands with us young ,old, male ,female all welcome your particular area of interest be it dogs, ferrets, birds shooting ,catty,s fishing even just enjoying a day out in the country with your pet, What ever level of experience every person can participate and will have their points of view listened to we want fair representation for us and our particular activities, The lacs and their supporters have a head start on us with their negative publicity but we can surpass their endeavours because we will provide a truthful balnced well founded portrait of hunting related activities as they were , as they are and how they should be for future generations . Driving things underground never achieves a fair solution to anything and the lacs are basically well organised gangs of thugs trying to impose their visions on a unsuspecting public , they resort to physical threats and violence, cause wilful damage to vehicles and property, intimidate people going about lawful activities and work, then distort the whole scenarios and events with the support of the RSPCA and in most cases the police by biased publicity and in most cases concocted and rehearsed presentations. Some lads do over step the mark from our side on occasion but these are a very small minority where as the hard core lacs and antis whilst giving of an air of respectability and concern are intent on destroying the very fabric of country life, they are against animal husbandry they are willing to put thousands of people involved in country pursuits,,and spin of industries out of work because they dont fit in with their 1984 vision of how life should be, They and their blinkered associates are criminalising thousands of genuine family people for following things and passions that mankind has done out of need and enjoyment for thousands of years,I genuinely believe now is a time and opportunity that will not manifest itself again in many of our lifetimes to preserve the right of future generations to enjoy the countryside in all its aspects.

• Like 14

Rob has got a chink of light through the curtains of C/A Mr Bonner has put an offer on the table lets grab it with both hands, ,organise a strong committed negotiating team to represent a Lurcher/working dog association and get ourselves the best chance to put our pass time on the front of the table in any future possible amendments and legislation.

Rob, you should make a list of who wants to come, if none of the more credible figures want to come i will, i wouldn't mind a chat with the CA's top man about the future of our sport and what we can do to help promote proper lurcher work, it would me more suitable for at least one person with a wide area of experience within lurcher and terrier game to attend though rather than the young uns but if its what we have to do.....

great result dewclaw, now DB+Mb the way this council of hunting works there is one representative from each sport present, a negotiating team is needed to put our points across to our representative who'll then take the points to a meeting of the council and report back. So breaking it down into regions to start each region needs a delegate for themselves, who will meet with other delegates and our spokesman at a national level thrash the points out and let the spokesman table the points in front of the Council of Hunting

Y.I.S Leeview

• Like 1

I have just spoken with A. T. from the ALC , he will be on later today to respond...

A.T is on the Council of Hunting Assocciations, so we have a spokesmen in place for us,.

ok ! so we have the very humble beginnings of something that could be real good. Who does need to be involved ?????

Rob has got a chink of light through the curtains of C/A Mr Bonner has put an offer on the table lets grab it with both hands, ,organise a strong committed negotiating team to represent a Lurcher/working dog association and get ourselves the best chance to put our pass time on the front of the table in any future possible amendments and legislation.

great result dewclaw, now DB+Mb the way this council of hunting works there is one representative from each sport present, a negotiating team is needed to put our points across to our representative who'll then take the points to a meeting of the council and report back. So breaking it down into regions to start each region needs a delegate for themselves, who will meet with other delegates and our spokesman at a national level thrash the points out and let the spokesman table the points in front of the Council of Hunting

Y.I.S Leeview

How do we go about dividing regions, is it counties or north, east, south & west or some variation? If there is nobody suitable I would be happy to take it forward for my area BUT i would prefer to help somebody a bit older with more experience that i could back up if need be. We do have the potential to move forward with some weight behind us if we become organized.

• Like 3

are you in Penny ?

Yes, I'm a sucker for trying to do something to promote hunting in a favourable light. I'm not holding my breath though, as I think we need someone at the helm with the charisma, energy and long term drive for our efforts to produce anything meaningful and permanent. Anything like this needs a structured approach, masses of commitment and time and dare I say it money? To produce anything similar to BASC, MAFH, NGO etc etc we need more than just great ideas.

nice one penny. who needs to be involved ??

Good on you mate..

I did plan go collate the posts from the poll / thread and contact the CA.

That seems to have disappeared? ? If a mod could update us please.

Good see some feedback a d positive intrest..

• Like 1

This will be a long term campaign, tough and certainly not for the weak hearted or those who cannot commit to and stick to the proposals as regards time and enthusiasm. Every body ,who is involved in country activities, be it actively or even armchair supporters (age catches up with us all eventually) are welcome to join hands with us young ,old, male ,female all welcome your particular area of interest be it dogs, ferrets, birds shooting ,catty,s fishing even just enjoying a day out in the country with your pet, What ever level of experience every person can participate and will have their points of view listened to we want fair representation for us and our particular activities, The lacs and their supporters have a head start on us with their negative publicity but we can surpass their endeavours because we will provide a truthful balnced well founded portrait of hunting related activities as they were , as they are and how they should be for future generations . Driving things underground never achieves a fair solution to anything and the lacs are basically well organised gangs of thugs trying to impose their visions on a unsuspecting public , they resort to physical threats and violence, cause wilful damage to vehicles and property, intimidate people going about lawful activities and work, then distort the whole scenarios and events with the support of the RSPCA and in most cases the police by biased publicity and in most cases concocted and rehearsed presentations. Some lads do over step the mark from our side on occasion but these are a very small minority where as the hard core lacs and antis whilst giving of an air of respectability and concern are intent on destroying the very fabric of country life, they are against animal husbandry they are willing to put thousands of people involved in country pursuits,,and spin of industries out of work because they dont fit in with their 1984 vision of how life should be, They and their blinkered associates are criminalising thousands of genuine family people for following things and passions that mankind has done out of need and enjoyment for thousands of years,I genuinely believe now is a time and opportunity that will not manifest itself again in many of our lifetimes to preserve the right of future generations to enjoy the countryside in all its aspects.

well said db, but please please don't be shouting allah Akbar after a speech like that or they'll think your gona blow them to bits hahahahaha good luck to all involved, I think a partnership with the nwtf and iwtf should be looked into too as terrier n lurcher work go hand in hand

• Like 1

I will travel where ever as I do for my hunting. Any lads willing to take an active part lets have names and suggestions for a initial meeting to formulate policy. Any lads already in groups . terriers, ferrets , birds etc talk with your reps about associate status for the association any one want to suggest possible names for the association, Time is our biggest enemy the rest we can control :thumbs:

Edited by desertbred

Excellent post DB!! :victory:

ok ! so we have the very humble beginnings of something that could be real good. Who does need to be involved ?????

Every one imho! :thumbs:

well said db, but please please don't be shouting allah Akbar after a speech like that or they'll think your gona blow them to bits hahahahaha good luck to all involved, I think a partnership with the nwtf and iwtf should be looked into too as terrier n lurcher work go hand in hand

tounge in cheek i hope fella ? !!.

NWTF have been with the CA, i think i am correct for quite some time, I know Barry invests a lot of time @ shows promoting as had the ALC, till this last year, along with Sally Merrison for the NCC :thumbs:

Well done Dewclaw excellent effort. I would think someone like Dave Sleight would be an excellent choice if he could be persuaded to take on the challenge. He has a wealth of knowledge re Lurchers ,Terriers & hunting in general. He's not afraid to spk his mind can hold peoples attention when he talks & not the type to back down. Atb

• Like 1