The Future Of Working Lurchers.

Working lurcher Organisation - Countryside Alliance.  

104 members have voted

1. 1. With the recent rumbles regarding a amendment. Do lurcher men want & club that is willing to promote legitimate lurcher work , communicate their concerns at a higher level and a platform to share knowledge,experience & field trials etc.

• Yes - I think thats something we are missing.
    • I am not sure but, If i seen some action, id like to participate.
    • I am not interested.
  2. 2. Would You Join the CA "If " lurcher work was seen to be a concern of theirs?

• I already am a member.
    • Id join "IF" they were seen to be working, to protect & promote legitimate lurcher work.
    • I am not interested .
    • No . Id not even give them Ten pence.

i look at it like this ,,,, clubs,,,,, hmmmm , like fox hunting meets and what was couseing clubs are a big target anti,s like to take down and will not be coming back they way it was,,,,,,,, let them keep biteing the heels on them,,,, whilst the small time rabbiter s dont get in the public eye,,,

there is that. but every bite they take out of the heels of these fox hunting meets and coursing clubs is a bite closer to moving onto the small time rabbitter dont you think?

• Like 1

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will be a long term campaign, tough and certainly not for the weak hearted or those who cannot commit to and stick to the proposals as regards time and enthusiasm. Every body ,who is involved in

The term lurcher work covers a wide spectrum of countryside and sporting activities. I personally dont think joe public has any great objections to lurcher work as most of them wouldnt know or unders

With the recent proposed Amendment going on hold & a few related posts and topics on here..   Its got me thinking and most likely a few others.   I've touched upon the subject with some like

Posted Images

i look at it like this ,,,, clubs,,,,, hmmmm , like fox hunting meets and what was couseing clubs are a big target anti,s like to take down and will not be coming back they way it was,,,,,,,, let them keep biteing the heels on them,,,, whilst the small time rabbiter s dont get in the public eye,,,

thats where my thinking started (keep in the shadows) but i thought again. I know we'll just keep on keeping on regardless but in doing that we can also watch things fall to bits around us. Legal lurcher work is just that LEGAL.

A properly set up club should be able to protect its membership and promote our interests.

• Like 1

One of the major problems on here posts and polls usually have a very short shelf life. That is the lack of trust and apathy that seems to infiltrate every attempt made to organise most things within a divided hunting community. Unfortunately my computer skills are very limited to my two index fingers otherwise I would do a website to get the ball rolling. I for one would be willing to pay into a purely working dog association that was across the board and equal representation for all sections.

• Like 3

there is that. but every bite they take out of the heels of these fox hunting meets and coursing clubs is a bite closer to moving onto the small time rabbitter dont you think?

and they'll never stop. shooting, horse riding , fishing . every fecking sport that involves any animal in any way.

One of the major problems on here posts and polls usually have a very short shelf life. That is the lack of trust and apathy that seems to infiltrate every attempt made to organise most things within a divided hunting community. Unfortunately my computer skills are very limited to my two index fingers otherwise I would do a website to get the ball rolling. I for one would be willing to pay into a purely working dog association that was across the board and equal representation for all sections.

maybe not you mate and certainly not me. i use 2 fingers too. but there are some folk that could and with the support of others may do. why a website though we're sat here with a forum for the very thing we want to promote ? use this one. maybe a restricted area on here

Edited by robs5230

trigger the damage his done,,,,the hunt s will be happy if they get there own little deal,,,they want give 2 s#its about any one eles,, what im trying to say when you are some body,,, like a club,,,, you are in the public eye ,,, and a target for folk who dont agree with it,,,,,,the less people no the better,,,,

and they'll never stop. shooting, horse riding , fishing . every fecking sport that involves any animal in any way.

exactly.

i look at it like this ,,,, clubs,,,,, hmmmm , like fox hunting meets and what was couseing clubs are a big target anti,s like to take down and will not be coming back they way it was,,,,,,,, let them keep biteing the heels on them,,,, whilst the small time rabbiter s dont get in the public eye,,

when the hunts and cousers are finished who will the antis and Lacs divert their attention to. The head below the parapet approach only works until the defences are breached

• Like 1

what ,s going apon trigger his going to apon at the end of the day,,,,,buts lets remember,,,the march was bigger than the council tax kick off off down london,we add,,, it made no diffrents,,,dont want to sound negative,,, but do you think a club will stop it,,,,,, has for the hunt iff they get there own way,, is a good thing or bad,,,do they give up with them and start on small time men,,,,,,either way hits not good,,,

Edited by tjones3862

trigger the damage his done,,,,the hunt s will be happy if they get there own little deal,,,they want give 2 s#its about any one eles,, what im trying to say when you are some body,,, like a club,,,, you are in the public eye ,,, and a target for folk who dont agree with it,,,,,,the less people no the better,,,,

i understand what you are trying to say but if we dont stand up and be counted then our chances when the time comes and they move onto us will be zero. if the hunts get there own little deal then it is because they have stood together and got it for there selves.

• Like 1

maybe not you mate and certainly not me. i use 2 fingers too. but there are some folk that could and with the support of others may do. why a website though we're sat here with a forum for the very thing we want to promote ? use this one. maybe a restricted area on here

One of the reasons for a website dedicated to the working dogs is that it would not need to be private it could be an open public site to give as wide an audience as possible the information that appears to be lacking in the public domain. We no doubt would have the antis flooding on but we are not ashamed of our interests and we need to show all facets of country and social activity in the working dog world. Dont forget thousands of lurcher, sight hound and terrier owners love the dogs but are not into working them so that support will not be found on a hunting forum plus with a web of a association the links can be put out and support mustered from groups not directly involved in the working aspects like the rescues etc just a few thoughts

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 2

trigger money talks at the end of the day,,,,theres a lot of well off people in the hunt game not to mention ,,no dowt got some good solictors what ride with them,, there a millian miles infront of us, and you dont no whats being said behind close doors to the govermemt job lose cottages having to be sold etc etc,,,,the hare courseing clubs was not on that same level other wise they wud getting up the ladder a little like fox hunts,,,, its not what you no and how hard you push it,,, its who you no in the right places to do the pushing ////some of these high up people in the goverment go back over 100 years with fox hunting in there family history,

Edited by tjones3862

One of the reasons for a website dedicated to the working dogs is that it would not need to be private it could be an open public site to give as wide an audience as possible the information that appears to be lacking in the public domain. We no doubt would have the antis flooding on but we are not ashamed of our interests and we need to show all facets of country and social activity in the working dog world. Dont forget thousands of lurcher, sight hound and terrier owners love the dogs but are not into working them so that support will not be found on a hunting forum plus with a web of a association the links can be put out and support mustered from groups not directly involved in the working aspects like the rescues etc just a few thoughts

you're probably right on that. however we are in the right place to generate something are we not ? from here who knows but the seeds are here right now. private clubs do seem to do ok though. the masons has been around for a year or 2 :) Even if the only benefit of a club was to force the likes of CA to represent us it would be a move in the right direction.

Edited by robs5230
  • Like 1

I would be happy to help any of the "old farts" :laugh: who know what their doing in any way i can, it would be a learning experience in itself. To show lurcher & terrier work in a true light, the lads that live for the work and not just the thrill of a kill, IMO it is a must we that we dont hide anymore and stand up and shout with good publicity not arrogance, the CA and others will only listen if we have a voice, if that's a club so be it, maybe someone with some clout can email Tim Bonner and ask exactly why Lurchers &Terriers are being cast out from their campaigns? You can say what you want but its clear the CA is focused on mounted hunting to fox rather than hunting with dogs in general.

I've been on this site a good few years and theirs clearly some of the older chaps with the experience and the care for the future of this way of life to help with a push for a voice before its too late.

Maybe the CA focuses the mag and suchlike on the people who are in the CA. It's hardly going to fill the mag and website with lurchers when there are practically no lurcher owners in it.....

Get 500 lurcher owners to join up and i can guarantee there'd be more pics and articles for them.

There's many thousands of lurcher owners out there.....but I bet you'd never even manage to recruit 100...no 50 even.....too many want a free ride....

We will go round in circles until it's too late.....sadly. :cray:

The sad thing is Darcy, we dont have to go round in circles, I would of thought with your reputation and following you would be more positive towards creating a voice for lurcher work, but it seems you stick up for the CA every time someone says anything slightly negative about them.

I've got the of dogs and deer book, good read and quite inspirational. But when it comes to publicly speaking about true lurcher work you seem to shy away by saying the CA is the only way forward and we are all doomed, I dont think it is I dont see them on our side. Its the working dogmen & woman that will make a change for us not the CA unless they decide that hunting with dogs means just that and not mounted packs pursuing fox.

hell of a lot to consider, and in a lot of ways Im tempted to say nothing as Im sure are a lot of people, and just continue to do what i do regardless of what happens regarding bans, repeals etc. On the other hand if there was a national working lurcher club that offered a voice of its members and insurance cover etc, then yes i would join. I might not be convinced its going to make a difference but I would rather have that glimmer of hope and support something i firmly believe (freedom to work my dogs) than role over and do absolutely nothing.

• Like 5