The Future Of Working Lurchers.

Working lurcher Organisation - Countryside Alliance.  

104 members have voted

1. 1. With the recent rumbles regarding a amendment. Do lurcher men want & club that is willing to promote legitimate lurcher work , communicate their concerns at a higher level and a platform to share knowledge,experience & field trials etc.

• Yes - I think thats something we are missing.
    • I am not sure but, If i seen some action, id like to participate.
    • I am not interested.
  2. 2. Would You Join the CA "If " lurcher work was seen to be a concern of theirs?

• I already am a member.
    • Id join "IF" they were seen to be working, to protect & promote legitimate lurcher work.
    • I am not interested .
    • No . Id not even give them Ten pence.

Just to be picky not all lurchers are longdogs ... My first cross collie grey is not a longdog as she only has one sight hound in her make up so she is most definitely a lurcher .......

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will be a long term campaign, tough and certainly not for the weak hearted or those who cannot commit to and stick to the proposals as regards time and enthusiasm. Every body ,who is involved in

The term lurcher work covers a wide spectrum of countryside and sporting activities. I personally dont think joe public has any great objections to lurcher work as most of them wouldnt know or unders

With the recent proposed Amendment going on hold & a few related posts and topics on here..   Its got me thinking and most likely a few others.   I've touched upon the subject with some like

Posted Images

It does appear as though this journey is going to be a long and winding road with many a twisting turn (think thats a song ?) if as it appears even the definition of long dog , lurcher and their various connotations cannot be agreed on . Micky B suggested Running dogs, i think its accepted that all dogs run irrespective of breed , status or employment , So rather than get bogged down on this, agree to agree and let those in the seats get on with the belts and braces stuff that is going to drive this forward and enable the whole thing to achieve its objective and ultimate goal.

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 2

How many lurcher , coursing etc clubs have been formed and folded over the years? what progress has been made in that time or in the last year by clubs to alter anything? lets not just re invent the wheel when the wheel has failed because what was needed was a loud hailer rather than a wheel! Our opponents are a million miles ahead of us in this game and we sit and bicker.

The group has been formed and agreed to meet with with the sole aim of making a difference rather than repeating past mistakes. it's not a grop of buddies, quiet the opposite lol,but we all want the same thing so need to get on and work together. It would be good to have the support of other members as this forum is a great place and itself has done a lot for lurchers already.

We start with the advantage of honest, sound reasons for what we do against the antis half truths and twisted facts so lets just get on and start to get it out there.

Regards Nigel.

• Like 2

How about, R.D.A, running dog association.

Is there no inclusion for are little warriors under the soil, I don't think it's wise to leave them out?

This is purely for running dogs ... Terriers are represented already .......

Nicola Sturgeon has already shown what a three faced shameless woman she is when she stabbed the English and Welsh electorate in the back over the Amendment vote concerning the Hunting Act now she has promised Brian the brillo pad that she will look at tightening the Act North of the Border. She isnt that clever a politician as she thinks as without her back stabbing the Amendment debate would have taken place and been done and dusted possibly with Defeat staring Cameron in the face so he Brutus act has given us the country side lovers and supporters a last chance to unify and rebuff the anti country life destroyers like Brian the Brillo , lacs and Rspca etc triple and quadruple face campaigns . Brian is anti hunting but had deer shot on his estate( tosser).

i hope the lads North of the Border support the group on here trying to unify the country life supporter the same goes for Irish lads North and South of the Border this is a battle that is being fought and support of every man woman and child who realise and understand the need for sustained wildlife management and preservation and wont to see country life have a future then stand up and be counted or do you want the people of the rock guitarist ilk telling you what you can or cant do in your own time with your own hobbies and pastimes..

• Like 3