The Future Of Working Lurchers.

Working lurcher Organisation - Countryside Alliance.  

104 members have voted

1. 1. With the recent rumbles regarding a amendment. Do lurcher men want & club that is willing to promote legitimate lurcher work , communicate their concerns at a higher level and a platform to share knowledge,experience & field trials etc.

• Yes - I think thats something we are missing.
    • I am not sure but, If i seen some action, id like to participate.
    • I am not interested.
  2. 2. Would You Join the CA "If " lurcher work was seen to be a concern of theirs?

• I already am a member.
    • Id join "IF" they were seen to be working, to protect & promote legitimate lurcher work.
    • I am not interested .
    • No . Id not even give them Ten pence.

I have contacted See view and Flynn and sent a round robin e-mail, where I have stated my thoughts on the current situation. I am very happy to see such commitment from Lurcher/Longdog owners.and I throw my hat into the ring to help move forward in any way any action to repeal the hunting ban, The time for glory hunting is gone. What matters now, is the help and support for the working Lurcher/Longdog owner and the repeal of the hunting ban!! I am fully aware that the name Association of Lurcher Clubs is in it's self a problem. The name Association of Lurcher clubs means exactly that an Association of clubs. where as now, we must be an association of individuals. SO, CHANGE THE NAME, whilst keeping the contacts, the code of conduct (with a little updating) And the Constitution. This would move the movement forward at a much faster rate Time is of an essence and therefore we must bring all the Lurcher/Longdog owners together that much sooner enabling us to better promote the working Lucher and fight for the repeal. You want an organisation to represent you all, You have got one.

Alan Tyer

Courser

A huge step in the right direction Alan, thank You :thumbs:

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will be a long term campaign, tough and certainly not for the weak hearted or those who cannot commit to and stick to the proposals as regards time and enthusiasm. Every body ,who is involved in

The term lurcher work covers a wide spectrum of countryside and sporting activities. I personally dont think joe public has any great objections to lurcher work as most of them wouldnt know or unders

With the recent proposed Amendment going on hold & a few related posts and topics on here..   Its got me thinking and most likely a few others.   I've touched upon the subject with some like

Posted Images

Fair play to ya lads, keep us posted on progress, if an when a club or group is set up, I think, as someone has said, we need to setup charity gigs auctions, etc every month, I think this will be vital to show were good lads, an lasses, an get us in the media for good reasons, I think this will be our crutch to get to the public.

https://www.gov.uk/g...control-numbers

Good post Dewclaw that piece of sage advice slipped under the radar on some ones watch didnt it,? published by the Government in March 2015 what other little surprises may be awaiting the working dog and lurcher lads in any future amendments to any existing legislation or even future possible altering of legal status to work within the Hunting with dogs Act . By the omission of the legal use of dogs for rabbit control the Government and others are clandestinely putting another obstacle in the way of lurcher owners by deliberately misguiding farmers, landowners and other concerned bodies into excluding dogs as a means of legal control. Usually the police will refer to such guidance when harassing dog lads going about their legal entitlement. The Legislation and Law interpretation is left to CPS the" guidance "is used by the police . An old sceptic (if there are any left that have not been hunted to extinction) could believe it could be incorporated in any amendments quite easily.

I'd go back and read it properly it clearly states dogs CAN hunt rats and rabbits in the case of retrieving hares they must be shot at the earliest oppertunity

Y.I.S Leeview

Good post Dewclaw that piece of sage advice slipped under the radar on some ones watch didnt it,? published by the Government in March 2015 what other little surprises may be awaiting the working dog and lurcher lads in any future amendments to any existing legislation or even future possible altering of legal status to work within the Hunting with dogs Act . By the omission of the legal use of dogs for rabbit control the Government and others are clandestinely putting another obstacle in the way of lurcher owners by deliberately misguiding farmers, landowners and other concerned bodies into excluding dogs as a means of legal control. Usually the police will refer to such guidance when harassing dog lads going about their legal entitlement. The Legislation and Law interpretation is left to CPS the" guidance "is used by the police . An old sceptic (if there are any left that have not been hunted to extinction) could believe it could be incorporated in any amendments quite easily.

I'd go back and read it properly it clearly states dogs CAN hunt rats and rabbits in the case of retrieving hares they must be shot at the earliest oppertunity

Y.I.S Leeview

unfortunately that information is 2 links away from that document as you are aware. We are concerned about the document and how it depicts what are legal methods or more specifically how the first document does not include dogs as means of control

Y.I.S Leeview

unfortunately that information is 2 links away from that document as you are aware. We are concerned about the document and how it depicts what are legal methods or more specifically how the first document does not include dogs as means of con on there if you read it fully it states you cant hunt deer, foxes or hares with dogs

The link is there to read and it say you can hunt rats and rabbits as does the hunting act

Sounds like a job for the new committee to sort out

Y.I.S Leeview

Y.I.S Leeview

the advice leaflet above does not state that it says 5 ways to exterminate rabbits the five that are clearly written in the control leaflet does not include dogs.

It is Leeview and myself,s intention, to support Alan, of the A.L.C ( or what eventually the name will be ) this will be no surprise to most as we made it clear during the e mailing group.

The structure is in situ, a wealth of experience to be called on, we will have representation in the right place, where it can do most good in a fight for the repeal of the ban.

Many thanks to Rob, for the good work he has achieved thus far, i wish You all the success :thumbs:

• Like 3

I refer to Courser,s post beginning " I have contacted Leeview and Flynn and sent a round robin e-mail" and its content Rob then sent a pm to Alan Tyer requesting a local meeting on my self to discuss what ALC and Alan Tyer can bring to the table to convince our small group to join the ALC if this would be our best way to proceed for us or are we to follow blindly without consultation or investigation. The Post by Flynn regarding her and Leeview and their personal opinions and choices is that the Response from Alan and the ALC or is that their personal view point..

Edited by desertbred

I refer to Courser,s post beginning " I have contacted Leeview and Flynn and sent a round robin e-mail" and its content Rob then sent a pm to Alan Tyer requesting a local meeting on mybelf to discuss what ALC and Alan Tyer can bring to the table to convince our small group to join the ALC if this would be our best way to proceed for us or are we to follow blindly without consultation or investigation. The Post by Flynn regarding her and Leeview and their personal opinions and choices is that the Response frmo Alan and the ALC or is that their personal view point..

just in case it gets deleted

Y.I.S Leeview

unfortunately that information is 2 links away from that document as you are aware. We are concerned about the document and how it depicts what are legal methods or more specifically how the first document does not include dogs as means of con on there if you read it fully it states you cant hunt deer, foxes or hares with dogs

The link is there to read and it say you can hunt rats and rabbits as does the hunting act

Y.I.S Leeview

Y.I.S Leeview

the advice leaflet above does not state that it says 5 ways to exterminate rabbits the five that are clearly written in the control leaflet does not include dogs.

as I said read the document fully not just the leaflet

Y.I.S Leview

Y.I.S Leeview

Y.I.S Leeview

Y.I.S Leeview

as I said read the document fully not just the leaflet

Y.I.S Leview

We posted about the content on the first page of the leaflet the five merthods to be used let the people decide what it is..You read the whole hunting act when its relevent to what we were discussing.

Thought i'd let everyone know where i'm coming from with this. At the beginning of this when Giro first posted i was like the majority. Intent on keeping in the shadows. I rethought it. If some good can come of this why not just try to do something ?

So i did, i get the biggest wooden spoon i could find and stirred up the pot to get some interest and enthusiasm going and keep it going. I've not stopped yet,

There's now lots of interest from all manner of folk. Plenty of conflicting opinions but now at least a positive general direction.

No one's involved in this for any personal gain. How does hours on end on a computer and a phone, digging up info and adding to the length of anyone's day bring personal gain.

The people involved who are devoting lots of personal time to this now have picked up a very slippery ball and begun running with it and all in the same direction.

anyone who has contributed any suggestion or opinion has done "something" and can only be thanked for that.

What's being done is for the good of working lurchers and the lads and lasses who work them, not for any other reason.

I'm sorry but i'm not going to get into any squabbles either publicly on here or via PM.

Cheers Rob

• Like 8

Hopefully this can remain above squabbles and personalities and be about lurcher men and women trying to do something for the sport they love. It’s not just about now, this government or the CA, they change with every election and their priorities are pulled in many directions. Of course this is about changing what we can now but also what we can in the future and the future is about public perception and only by having a voice that can be heard can we start to undo a small part of the damage that has already been done to our reputation.

• Like 3

Y.I.S Leeview

This is a little disturbing and should be looked at by everyone. In the government guidance ( march 2015), nowhere does it include the use of dogs for rabbit control as an option to be considered..

if farmers do consult any such guidance to control pest species within the law there is no wonder rabbit control with dogs doesn't come up near the top of the list of any options.

This is one of the reasons we have to work so hard to change things.

The bodies that have represented us so far have yet again failed .

Is it possible we are only legally able to work rabbits with dogs by a technicality ?

If that technicality was addressed at any amendment to the hunting act we could all be the wrong side of the law in a heartbeat !

More reason to get behind what we are trying to achieve.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/rabbits-how-to-control-numbers

Yep that's pretty worrying. No mention of using dogs to control rabbit numbers.

We can use ferrets to bolt to nets or waiting guns. But no mention of dogs?

Hmmmm.

the more folk sit back and do nothing, the easier a target we become

the more folk sit back and do nothing, the easier a target we become

Yep that's pretty worrying. No mention of using dogs to control rabbit numbers.

We can use ferrets to bolt to nets or waiting guns. But no mention of dogs?

Hmmmm.

ok db as I read it should be looked at by everyone not just the leaflet ,then NOWHERE when it clearly states the exact wording of the Hunting Act rats and rabbits can be hunted and no limit to the number of dogs

Y.I.S Leeview