Thinking About An Air Rifle

Some good advice there. I'd add one more bit. After you've had a fondle at the gunshop, you'll have a (probably long) shortlist. Find a local range and go along a couple of times to try out their loaner rifles. Have a nosey at what everyone else is shooting, and ask their opinion. You'll be surprised at the number of people who will lend you their rifle to try out for a couple of shots. That will make up your mind quicker then anything else. You might even come across a few rifles for sale that you like.

• Like 2

Cheers guys. Took everything on board what you have said. Going in gun shop on Saturday just to have a look get the feel of these guns. I will be putting a cracking scope on Like guys have said no point in. A good gun and cheap scope. Thanks again guys.

All good advice, if you go down the springer route(which is a bloody good route) I would seriously consider a tuned one, the difference between an out of the box Weihrauch and a nicely tuned one will stagger you, in your budget I would consider a Sandwell field sports tuned rifle, maybe an Imp hw99s £375.00 or if you fancy something a bit bigger, and in the best .177 calibre then maybe the hw95 or 77/97 have a look at some of the vermin hunters tv stuff on sfs tuned rifles to see how good they are, whatever you choose, enjoy, and good hunting :thumbs:

Hello Ross

It will be interesting to see how you got on at the gun shop.

Real good advice has been given and as has been said what suits on will not suit the next but the only others to add would be Walther lgu and lgv.

I have just been through what you are going through and if it's any help I have a HW95k and it's that good I can't put it down.

There was no Walthers for me to look at for me but the HW range is that good that I have no regrets.

I can thoroughly recommend the SFS Imp, they really are a lovely gun. You could always get a hw99s but as Charlie says the hw guns are better With a little tune up.

You got one then Rick? .22?

I can second the imp for a 'return to it' springer. easy to shoot and light for carrying about. I have a tx200 at the min and had a hw97 but the imp is my fave

Yes mate, the 16 week wait was a crippler but its here now and im loving it. It is a .22 they dont do a .177. Its perfect for a old timer like me being light to carry. im glad i took your advice and got one :thumbs: .

I did think that about the .22 just after I posted! Its my one gun I wouldnt consider sellin on I think.

I can thoroughly recommend the SFS Imp, they really are a lovely gun. You could always get a hw99s but as Charlie says the hw guns are better With a little tune up.

You got one then Rick? .22?

I can second the imp for a 'return to it' springer. easy to shoot and light for carrying about. I have a tx200 at the min and had a hw97 but the imp is my fave

Just readin through the posts and noticed this, I havent HAD a 97 lads, my mate has one, I meant to write I had shot a bit with one......not that it matters!

• Like 1