Goshawk Rabbiting

jasper65

Took the Gos out and flew her loose again today after her knock back a couple of weeks ago! she was concussed for a good few days after her carrying box was thrown over in the back of the Navara under heavy breaking, I thought I was going to lose her at one point the way she looked but thankfully she has now pulled round and now need some fitness...

Having said all that this post is mainly a reminder how easy a Gos even when unfit will deal with Rabbits! she had 4 slips today across good open terrain while ferreting and rolled all 4 over, the last couple of slips I gave a good 30yds law from the Warrens and she demorilised every Rabbit.

Today she flew at 2lb 6oz's from a top weight of 2lb 11 and will go up a bit more when her Metabolism really kicks in with fitnesss. sorry about the pic's but the f*****g camera dropped dead after the first Rabbit! my mates P/R Finn male ended up with 4 also :thumbs:...

Who ever says P/R Gos's are a nightmare needs their heads testing! they're a joy to handle and fly, its also nice to see them on kills without any Mantling :gunsmilie:....

Cheers

Jasper

post-251-1195228491_thumb.jpg

post-251-1195228503_thumb.jpg

post-251-1195228514_thumb.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice one tony shes looking good mate. im pleased you got out, :clapper: cannot wait to see her fly, hows the other two gos`es doing ?. take care mate see you over the weekend .

regards wag :thumbs:

nice one tony shes looking good mate. im pleased you got out, :clapper: cannot wait to see her fly, hows the other two gos`es doing ?. take care mate see you over the weekend .

regards wag :thumbs:

I think one's not going to ever be 100% mate. It kept fitting constantly every few minutes but the Calcium D3 and Vitamin B1 helped bring her round but she certainly isn't right! f*****g Firworks after bonfire night should be banned :censored:...

Cheers

Jasper

You hit the nail on the head there Tony. They are a pain in the :censored:

Tell me about it Mate! I kept a couple of Young female Finn gos's back from this year for future breeding stock, the pair was kept way out of the way down the Garden away from Disturbance, yet the Nob with loads of money who owns a f*****g great house at the bottom of the woods decided to carry firework night on for a week!! he finally had his last display last Saturday and must have put Thousands of pounds into the air.

I went rond to feed the birds sunday morning and one of these young females had fitted on the floor and was in a real bad way and the other had concussed itself in the aviary and was dazed on the floor, the bird which was concussed is making a full recovery but the bird thats fitted is still 50/50, this bird I'm sure also started fitting from head trauma after throwing a wobbly from the fireworks.

The pratt had some pretty big rockets that was drifting over the conifer wood at the back of the house and explodeing right above my aviaries :censored:, gutted is a understatement.....

Cheers

Jasper