31 replies to this topic

#1 jasper65

jasper65

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,117 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 03:55 pm

Took the Gos out and flew her loose again today after her knock back a couple of weeks ago! she was concussed for a good few days after her carrying box was thrown over in the back of the Navara under heavy breaking, I thought I was going to lose her at one point the way she looked but thankfully she has now pulled round and now need some fitness...

Having said all that this post is mainly a reminder how easy a Gos even when unfit will deal with Rabbits! she had 4 slips today across good open terrain while ferreting and rolled all 4 over, the last couple of slips I gave a good 30yds law from the Warrens and she demorilised every Rabbit.

Today she flew at 2lb 6oz's from a top weight of 2lb 11 and will go up a bit more when her Metabolism really kicks in with fitnesss. sorry about the pic's but the f*****g camera dropped dead after the first Rabbit! my mates P/R Finn male ended up with 4 also :thumbs:...

Who ever says P/R Gos's are a nightmare needs their heads testing! they're a joy to handle and fly, its also nice to see them on kills without any Mantling :gunsmilie:....

Cheers

Jasper

Attached Files

#2 Lukey.

Lukey.

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 04:15 pm

Good pics buddy,....like the look of the bird to mate well done

#3 ferretman

ferretman

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 04:19 pm

nowt wrong with pics mate excellent stuff. i could realy get in to this falconry. it looks like good sport. well done. :clapper: :clapper: :thumbs:

#4 wag

wag

Extreme Hunter

• Banned
  • 1,508 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 04:42 pm

nice one tony shes looking good mate. im pleased you got out, :clapper: cannot wait to see her fly, hows the other two gos`es doing ?. take care mate see you over the weekend .

regards wag :thumbs:

#5 jasper65

jasper65

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 7,117 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 04:54 pm

nice one tony shes looking good mate. im pleased you got out, http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub... cannot wait to see her fly, hows the other two gos`es doing ?. take care mate see you over the weekend .

regards wag http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub...

I think one's not going to ever be 100% mate. It kept fitting constantly every few minutes but the Calcium D3 and Vitamin B1 helped bring her round but she certainly isn't right! f*****g Firworks after bonfire night should be banned :censored:...

Cheers

Jasper

#6 stollen

stollen

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 05:12 pm

very nice pics :thumbs:

#7 weg

weg

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 05:46 pm

:clapper: good stuff

#8 NIGHTSHADOW

NIGHTSHADOW

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 933 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 08:41 pm

Cracking bird

#9 mooster

mooster

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 09:47 pm

I Have no experience of falconry but always enjoy seing them in action....well done and thanks for good pics. :)

#10 Hywel

Hywel

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 10:59 pm

f*****g Firworks after bonfire night should be banned http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub......

You hit the nail on the head there Tony. They are a pain in the :censored:

#11 red tail

red tail

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 11:04 pm

good work tony shes a cracker :clapper: :clapper:

#12 bowers1986

bowers1986

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 12:28 am

:clapper: :clapper: I would love to get into hawking but wouldnt no where to start Lol

#13 jasper65

jasper65

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 7,117 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 09:20 am

You hit the nail on the head there Tony. They are a pain in the http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub...

Tell me about it Mate! I kept a couple of Young female Finn gos's back from this year for future breeding stock, the pair was kept way out of the way down the Garden away from Disturbance, yet the Nob with loads of money who owns a f*****g great house at the bottom of the woods decided to carry firework night on for a week!! he finally had his last display last Saturday and must have put Thousands of pounds into the air.

I went rond to feed the birds sunday morning and one of these young females had fitted on the floor and was in a real bad way and the other had concussed itself in the aviary and was dazed on the floor, the bird which was concussed is making a full recovery but the bird thats fitted is still 50/50, this bird I'm sure also started fitting from head trauma after throwing a wobbly from the fireworks.

The pratt had some pretty big rockets that was drifting over the conifer wood at the back of the house and explodeing right above my aviaries :censored:, gutted is a understatement.....

Cheers

Jasper

#14 weg

weg

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 11:38 am

i think the public should be banned from buying fireworks, and only properly organised events on november the 5th should be allowed :shout:

#15 Hywel

Hywel

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 12:49 pm

Absolute nightmare Tony, hope the birds recover :yes: and I thought we had it bad!!

Edited by Hywel, 17 November 2007 - 12:50 pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users