Lamp Connector

Does anyone know how to fix the tracer 170 lamp. The male end that plugs in to the adapter that goes in to the battery wont stay in it will only work if i hold them together. I thought it was just the adapter so i rang deben because i bought my battery from them and asked for a replacment adapter witch they sent me a new one the next day no problem so i was pleased with that.

So i get the new part and it still doesnt work. I camt send the lamp back because i didnt buy it from deben. Can anyone help me? I hope its a easy fix because i dont want to buy a new one i only got this one 2 years ago.

Cut the connectors off and solder the wires together some have fuses in them so you'll have too cheack if it's like the lithium battery I use it's what I done but it means you can't change the lamp with out cutting it again and soldering it too another lamp but I only use the same lamp so it never botherd me I'll post some pics the night and show ya

Edited by BIGLURKS

Cut the connectors off and solder the wires together some have fuses in them so you'll have too cheack if it's like the lithium battery I use it's what I done but it means you can't change the lamp with out cutting it again and soldering it too another lamp but I only use the same lamp so it never botherd me I'll post some pics the night and show ya

Ye that would be great if you could put some pics up. Is it a simple job? I have access to a soldering iron but i havent used one since school so i may be a bit rusty with it.