YOUR OTHER HALF

Guest SJM

What cracking timing this post has... I have just split up with my partner of eight years as she was fed up of me going out killing stuff, she turned into an anti overnight. I was given the "it's me or the dog's ultimatum" well the dog's are still here!!! :yes:

Regards

A happy single hunter

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What cracking timing this post has... I have just split up with my partner of eight years as she was fed up of me going out killing stuff, she turned into an anti overnight. I was given the "it's me or the dog's ultimatum" well the dog's are still here!!! :yes:

Regards

A happy single hunter

Oh thats sad to hear :(

Regards

A happy single hunter

Oh thats sad to hear :(

Not for me it is'nt :D

Well, chin up Leon, and you never know, things might sort themselves out after a while.

I haven't been this happy for a few years. The only people regretting it are the dog's cause they are getting hammered now. :yes:

I was just about to post nice one Leon :toast: but if your out of a bad relationship that wasnt working out, then surely thats got to be better being single and being able to do your own thing? I think so anyway, woe betide any man who ever tried to put me to an ultimatum about him or the dogs, he wouldnt stand a chance :laugh: Personally I think its always better to be on your own and self sufficient than to be with someone you dont want to be with.

Sadly for a lot of people, house, mortgage, kids etc mean its not just as cut and dried as that and its harder to walk away from the relationship if its not working, so well done to those on here who have cos its hard to pull yourself out of a rut and start afresh, but its worth it for the sake of your self esteem in the long run :toast:

Sadly for a lot of people, house, mortgage, kids etc mean its not just as cut and dried as that and its harder to walk away from the relationship if its not working, so well done to those on here who have cos its hard to pull yourself out of a rut and start afresh,

:yes: ..Some well said words their SJM. :good:

:hmm: ....Were you married before? :laugh::laugh:

I was just about to post nice one Leon :toast: but if your out of a bad relationship that wasnt working out, then surely thats got to be better being single and being able to do your own thing? I think so anyway, woe betide any man who ever tried to put me to an ultimatum about him or the dogs, he wouldnt stand a chance :laugh: Personally I think its always better to be on your own and self sufficient than to be with someone you dont want to be with.

Sadly for a lot of people, house, mortgage, kids etc mean its not just as cut and dried as that and its harder to walk away from the relationship if its not working, so well done to those on here who have cos its hard to pull yourself out of a rut and start afresh, but its worth it for the sake of your self esteem in the long run :toast:

It is much better than being miserable, or worse no dogs and no hunting :cry: . Think I could put up with the miserable bit.

The only thing there wasn't was kids but all the rest of the ties were there, but worth all the hassle to keep hunting.

I agree with SJM!

I would far rather be on my own and happy than with someone who makes me miserable.

I worried for ages before leaving my partner because we had a child together. I did think about staying with him and putting up with cheating and lies etc for the sake of having a complete family but in the end it just wasn't worth it. I am happier than I ever was with him and my daughter is too.

If relationships have to come down to ultimatum's over dogs, work, or whatever else then there must be something seriously wrong in the first place.

Nobody should have to give ultimatums or try and change a partner.

Nope never have been Frank, probably never will be either, It would be a super special kind of guy who can put up with me :laugh:

I beleive you only get one shot at true love, soul mates, whatever you want to call it. Those people who say theres plenty more fish in the sea have never caught the best fish in the pond and had to let it go :bye: Ive had my shot so thats me, spinster hood here I come :toast:

I had to make a decision about breaking up the family home 17 yrs ago , being married to an alcholic wasnt easy & i felt terrible for my son , who to this day never got over his bad being removed from the home, even now as a 20 yr old he would never forgive me for not loving his dad, so as soon as he was old enough he went to live with him, now he dosses round all day, is lazy & drinks, i hate to see him waste his life but i did all i could to help him :(

Nope never have been Frank, probably never will be either, It would be a super special kind of guy who can put up with me :laugh:

I beleive you only get one shot at true love, soul mates, whatever you want to call it. Those people who say theres plenty more fish in the sea have never caught the best fish in the pond and had to let it go :bye: Ive had my shot so thats me, spinster hood here I come :toast:

im still available :whistling:

:( sorry to hear that Kay, maybe one day he will realise and know what you did was for the best for his sake as well as yours.

Missie your quite right, if someone gives you an ultimatum its me or the . . . . (fill in the blank) then they are pretty much opening the door and ushering you out, rather than doing it to make you stay. Im a great beleiver in actions speak louder than words, I dont go by what guys say to me, allthough its nice to hear nice things being said, its only words at the end of the day, I beleive its how someone acts towards you and treats you that says how they really feel, the trouble with being a woman is if you stand up for yourself and complain about being treated poorly, you get called a "nag" or a whinger :laugh: so Ive found its best to just walk away if hes not treating you the way you think you deserve to be treated, if hes genuinely sorry he can always beg you back, but the actions have to be there to back the words up.

Mind you its easier said than done if you really love someone despite their faults :hmm:

My wife and I have had our ups and downs, and to this day can still produce a "jesus christ they're killing each other call the fecking coppers!!" style bust-up, but it's never come down to ultimatums.

Which is just as well, both of us know that there are choices which should never be forced.