2015/16 Season

pointer

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was her first time on the lamp this season as the weather has been so bad. We saw some really good long flights but the sodden ground meant she was soon too wet to fly properly. Still it's good fun

I've had my hawk out for a week but the cover is ridiculously thick, even for early season it's crazy. Still it's good to be out. She was still a touch overweight and a bit unresponsive until Wednesda

Hard going today with lurchers and then hawks. The young pointer enjoyed herself in the snow.

Posted Images

Had an OK week with half a dozen rats caught around some farm buildings when it's been too windy to do anything else and a good day yesterday. Also been out with the lurchers and my young pointer marked a rabbit in a wall for the first time. C8496571-53A2-477F-93C5-9ED4E8DF6DE4_1.j

1344C43D-DC82-4B58-9C93-572F8AEC45C2.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

She ended up on 92 kills. The best flights were over my pointer on your land so you saw the best of my season. The downside was her getting injured six weeks ago when we were starting to finally get a run of good weather. It was a tough season with the weather but she's started to use her foot again so that's all that matters.

I'm down country now fishing on a 48hr session after catfish, I've only had one so far but these things help pass the time until the season starts again.

8D814E0F-8EA4-4314-9371-2856DC572F13.jpg

Edited by pointer
  • Like 1

Not a bad score considering the weather we had, pleased to hear shes healing up well anyway hopefully will get a better season this year, been getting a bit more permission so more land to have a go at, been back on the walls so only getting pups out for short walk through the week but trying to get them on a good walk with some training on a weekend, they coming on well. Tight lines and good fishing. ATB Fourtrak.

Cheers mate, lines are tight I've just had a 21lb cat out on my little carp rod. The bugger took twenty minutes to land as it kept trying to get under an overhanging bramble bush.

Considering she had a late moult last time and I lost most of September then to be injured I'm not complaining too much. As you know we often had time and rabbits to go at last season but the Hawks were soaked after a few flights. She now works over my dogs as does Steve's hawk so the season was a success for us.