Polishing Up

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Once the sun had burned off the mist it was a glorious morning, not a lot of action but worth having a look out, the boat,   Murky start     A couple for supper       Cheers Brian

I will see if i can explain how it works,but you will have to bare with me as i am not the brightest spark on the planet. Starting with the Poles [rods] they are 16 to 18 ft long made from bamboo [p

Forecast good for tomorrow so i am off out char fishing in the morning, home made baits needed a polish up,i thought some of you might be interested to see some, they are all made from brass, bronze,

Posted Images

I am taking a oldish feller out tomorrow, he has fished for donkeys years but never char fished, so we will see how we get on,

i will take the camera and hopefully get some more pics of fish and tackle for you to see.

Brian

• Like 2

I am taking a oldish feller out tomorrow, he has fished for donkeys years but never char fished, so we will see how we get on,

i will take the camera and hopefully get some more pics of fish and tackle for you to see.

Brian

Look forward to the pics. :thumbs:

Yes, funny but I can't remember too much about the other programmes in the series but it was repeated a few times as I seen it a few times.

It's a pity they don't show show's like that much anymore.

We can't spent every minute of our lives in the field so when we are indoors it's nice to see how someone else does it, LOL.

If its the same one I watched it was early nineties and one of the other programmes was based around an NRA bailiff and salmon poachers :thumbs:

• Like 1

Yes, funny but I can't remember too much about the other programmes in the series but it was repeated a few times as I seen it a few times.

We can't spent every minute of our lives in the field so when we are indoors it's nice to see how someone else does it, LOL.

If its the same one I watched it was early nineties and one of the other programmes was based around an NRA bailiff and salmon poachers :thumbs:

i think it was 1993 NL I can remember the salmon poachers one prog was on a vet and another a shepherd. :thumbs:

• Like 1

i think it was 1993 NL I can remember the salmon poachers one prog was on a vet and another a shepherd. :thumbs:

Got me scratching my head now :laugh: Was the series called Countrymen :hmm: Think there was a deerstalker on one episode aswell :thumbs: Memory like a sieve lol...

Got me scratching my head now :laugh: Was the series called Countrymen :hmm: Think there was a deerstalker on one episode aswell :thumbs: Memory like a sieve lol...

Thats the one NL :thumbs:

• Like 1

I was flicking around yesterday evening and there was an old episode of River Cottage and HFW (feck it I couldn't be bothered spelling his entire name) entered a char fishing competition on one of the lakes using the very same method as above, and then cooked the char in water soaked newspaper.

• Like 2

Went out again on tues, 5 hrs and not a single ring, luckily the old lad has fished for years and he understands fishing, he said it was good to see traditional methods still being used and he had enjoyed himself.

I was on the water again last night, this time toplining and casting lures to see if i could catch somat, 3 hrs and only a small Perch, this is why we call it fishing and not catching,

If the weather is out like, i might be out again on Sunday.

Brian

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I took brian up on his offer last night, it was a really nice evening and obviously the surroundings when out on the lake are phenominal. we got set of and brian was explaining how all the gear was set up and how things are done properly while I was rowing the boat (a Very knowlegable chap and a good laugh to :D ) we rowed along chatting about dogs, shooting, ferreting ,trapping etc as you do and then brian took the oars while I rolled a smoke, and then the bell rang on the right hand pole, :icon_eek: "shit!" I thought lol so with brian talking me through retrieving the gear and trying not to rush and tangle it all in the excitement I eventually started to pull in the baits, I could feel a good weight tugging on the end (besides the 1 1/2lbs of lead weight) I was trying to keep count of the lures as they came in but as I got to the last one I realized the fish must of come off :cray: we dropped the gear back down and carried on trolling around until darkness was imminent and had to box the tackle up and head for shore.

back to brains and another good natter over a brew and I went of home a happy lad :yes: just wanted to say thanks mate, I really enjoyed it and learn't a lot, and im sorry I lost the only fish lol :icon_redface: speak to you soon mate :victory:

atb ant

• Like 8