Last Tuesdays Effort

With the rut nearing a peak ,it was time to have a look out on a spot i only do once or twice a year as its a beef farm and cattle out tead round aparf from now with hag fields left .Second field is normally good but it was only early yet .Decided on a wait up and call .Few minutes into calling a doe comes into the feild from a wood with attendant buck .In my experience its a wasre of time with the mating fieps to lure a buck already following so i target tge doe with a distressed kid call and on the came head high with 6 pointer in tow to about 60 yds when a broad side shot saw him run the dead 20 and colapse backwards.

FullSizeRender-3.jpg

Result but this ground holds plenty so onwards .Saw a buck on his rounds up a hedge but he went through so had a other call and lured a different customer in this tine .Charkje came biuncinv up the hedge to my leff and was bagged .

FullSizeRender-14.jpg

Next feild was alive .Two bucks and three does all grazing peacefully ,that was until i peeped and all heads went up .The bigger of the bucks came forward to my calling with me hid in the hedge just by the gateway .Grassed him at 70yds through the chest on the spot to which the others retreated but only to 160yds on the ranger .

FullSizeRender-4.jpg.On bipod and shot the other buck which did the 20 yd in a semi circle before colapsing .Proper made up as ive not been out as regular as other buck seasons .

FullSizeRender-7.jpg

FullSizeRender-5.jpg

• Like 8

Proper job there mate - totally agree about the roe calling, certainly does the trick. Glad you got a bit of practice in before our session yesterday on the stags, must have steadied your aim some!!! I'll get something up about that later when I've caught up on some kip.

• 3 weeks later...