Im looking for a new framer and undecided wither to stick with Paslode or try the nee Dewalt framing gun, i quite fancy the new dewalt as its bbattery only and don't need gas and also like the idea of the bump mode feature with the dewalt, has anyone used them or had a shot? Would like to know what they are like for reliability etc

Paslode all day long me and my mate cut a roof one wknd and he had the new dewalt framer soon sent it back kept jamming couldn't keep up with the paslode so frustrating for him. It was soon put back in the box and the old trusty paslode came out Lol

If I can derail the thread a sec (only a little bit) while we have chippys on can someone tell me the difference between a frame gun and a finishing gun please? It's only curiosity as although I do have a cheap air powered one it's only for diy use, I'm not any sort of chippy.

You get first fix and second fix nailers, the first fix fire bigger nails and leave "teeth" marks, second fix fire much smaller nails and have a soft rubber tip so no marks on door frames etc

You get first fix and second fix nailers, the first fix fire bigger nails and leave "teeth" marks, second fix fire much smaller nails and have a soft rubber tip so no marks on door frames etc

Ta, :thumbs: Can I ask what size nails they fire ? Got to biuld some raised beds in the garden (get rid of lawn) and may buy one better than I have at the moment (Chinese ) :cry:

• 1 month later...

I've changed over from paslode to the dewalt. As a brand new gun I have no complaints. A bit slower than the paslode but nails seem to glide better and obviously the nails are lots cheaper without the gas.