Wasp Nest Prices

We charge £36

That's silly cheap! You could add £20 to that and still be busy! There's no point being cheap and having to do twice the work for the money you could get for 1 nest.

We are more than £36 and get very few refusals!!

It's time this industry as a whole learned to charge decent money, you wouldn't get a plumber out for that money. Too many out there working for next to nothing.

It's not a dig btw just interesting to see different prices.

I think that £40-£50 for 15-20 min work is ok, particulary when several of these jobs could be done daily, true a plumber could be more than this, but then they will be a the job longer.

How can you justify an £80 + price when the raw ingredient costs pennies, greed comes to mind

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's ok saying that it's 15mins work but in reality iv spent hours working on my website to compete with all the big companies just to get the job....half an hour drive there, half an hour to the next

I'd rather see 10 companies like that than 1 charging £25!   I company that I did a bit of work for charge plus vat and they get the work in, they invest the money in advertising and get plenty of

From what I’ve experienced you really want to charge more than less.   When I started out I tried to be the cheapest in town – I think everyone does. After getting a couple of callbacks and realisin

We charge £36

That's silly cheap! You could add £20 to that and still be busy! There's no point being cheap and having to do twice the work for the money you could get for 1 nest.

It's time this industry as a whole learned to charge decent money, you wouldn't get a plumber out for that money. Too many out there working for next to nothing.

It's no good getting onto me lad,I work for the council at the minute and that what they charge.if you want I will give you the gaffers number so you can tell him as he gave them prices I just do my job.

We charge £36

I think that £40-£50 for 15-20 min work is ok, particulary when several of these jobs could be done daily, true a plumber could be more than this, but then they will be a the job longer.

How can you justify an £80 + price when the raw ingredient costs pennies, greed comes to mind

I think you are true to on that 1 mate robbing people like that ffs dick Turpin wore a mask mate and you are doing it in plain sight.when I worked for Mitie which is a big company they didn't charge that.

From what I’ve experienced you really want to charge more than less.

When I started out I tried to be the cheapest in town – I think everyone does. After getting a couple of callbacks and realising I was just breaking even on the jobs I soon wised up.

Charging a higher ‘professional’ rate allowed me to spend money on the training, insurance and equipment I needed to actually be a professional. The customers are reassured that I know what I’m doing, I’ve now got time to do the paper work properly and I’m no longer tempted to bodge things because I’m desperate to move onto the next job. What’s more; my company it now actually worth something.

At the end of the day I’d rather be seen as Dick Turpin than Roy Rogers.

• Like 3

It's ok saying that it's 15mins work but in reality iv spent hours working on my website to compete with all the big companies just to get the job....half an hour drive there, half an hour to the next job....and iv got to earn enough to last me through the quiet times....

I would never rip people off and your free to charge what you want....it's just frustrating when there are 5 new 'pest controllers' competing in some weird reverse auction to see how cheap they can work.

• Like 4

That's why I wouldn't setup on my own,as here in the northeast there is loads of lads doing it so it's a cut throat business so they will be haggling over the prices.so guess what the cheapest gets the job which is crap.at the end of the day I have all the qualifications you need and I wouldn't run myself on nothing or slit even.

It's ok saying that it's 15mins work but in reality iv spent hours working on my website to compete with all the big companies just to get the job....half an hour drive there, half an hour to the next job....and iv got to earn enough to last me through the quiet times....

I would never rip people off and your free to charge what you want....it's just frustrating when there are 5 new 'pest controllers' competing in some weird reverse auction to see how cheap they can work.Since I work full time

Since I work full time in another professional field, its slightly different as not needing every penny (very very lucky place to be) but equally the pest control must pay and turn a modest profit - I have the same costs as full time, insurance, website vehicle etc etc. £40-£50 per nest is fine, but then will not travel any more than about 20 min to jobs, so earn £40-£50 hour, all good. I also will wait a day or 2 and do jobs together to maximise profit, does not always work, but most times it does. If a customer cant wait, then too bad.

Equally I am not in an area where there are lots of pest controllers,

I am sure you would not get much work, if you quoted the same prices for say rats/mice, not many folk would pay £240+vat for 3 visits

• Like 1

Well i'm £45 for wasps , which I believe is what I need to cover my expenses , plus if for some reason I get called back if the nest is still active, I do not re-charge .

I'm glad you brought up rat/mice prices I was turned down by a customer who said I was too cheap as she had phoned someone else who quoted £195 for three visits , not call out and then three , but just three.

Now do I put my prices up drastically or as I think was this just a silly :boogy: , one off.

We charge £36

I think you are true to on that 1 mate robbing people like that ffs dick Turpin wore a mask mate and you are doing it in plain sight.when I worked for Mitie which is a big company they didn't charge that.
Mitie do charge silly money for wasp nests unless it's for mhs or the home serve lot. I'm ex mitie too

As you are Working for the LA that cost is a subsidised rate hence why it's so cheap. Any sensible independent pestie will charge to cover expenses, it's nothing to do with the cost of chemical, that's pennies, running 1or more vans, insurances, training, travel time, you are accepting responsibility for treatment etc etc etc. realistically it's £45ph minimum if looking to run a profitable business which the LA is not. Luckily it's a 3 week wait here for LA treatments so long may it continue to put money our business's way lol

Edited by ratattack

Well i'm £45 for wasps , which I believe is what I need to cover my expenses , plus if for some reason I get called back if the nest is still active, I do not re-charge .

I'm glad you brought up rat/mice prices I was turned down by a customer who said I was too cheap as she had phoned someone else who quoted £195 for three visits , not call out and then three , but just three.

Now do I put my prices up drastically or as I think was this just a silly :boogy: , one off.

Mate, it’s perfectly ok to charge £195 or even £1950 as long as that’s what the job’s worth – they’re all different.

I.M.O. if you do a site visit & survey then give the client an itemised quote for £195, explaining what you’re charging them for and why (you’ll find templates on microsoft word, which most people already have), you’re more likely to get the job than someone who just says “yeah, rats is 90 quid mate” over the phone.

When you see the costs broken down into time, travel, materials, etc you’ll probably realise you’ve been under-charging all along.

• Like 1

Mr Muddy

Very true..........

Work out all of the costs involved from start to finish including fuel insurances etc etc and see how much profit there is in a £50 nest. Its not ripping people off its providing a service. "R" prices rip people off at £302 per nest. If people don't want to pay your prices then they will book you if not they will ring elsewhere.

One customer today quoted " the LA charge less then you" I had to reply yes and we will be with you later today with a half hour time slot. They will be with you one day very soon and you may be lucky if you get an "Am" or "PM" time slot.

Like its been said the LA do subsidise their prices I don't.

If people won't pay a decent price then ask them to ring around. Don't be the fool who does 10 jobs a day for £50 profit be the one that does 5 jobs for £100 profit. Don't undersell your business.

I charge £66 of which £11 is Vat so £55 per nest

Edited by Dirksdonuts
  • Like 2