This morning .

fishingbowood389ik0.jpg

A Look out before work at a spot which holds day in day out ,didnt let me down with these two in tight to the hedge i was stalking down .The flick of an ear was enough to give them away at a good 150 yards .Set the lower bipod arms up and steadied the breathing for a head shot on the first .At the shot it lurched forward and the other got up .A head shot was out the question as it was above the far bank line but a chest shot was on and i took it .A long drag to the truck after the gralloch set me up for a days concreting. :thumbs:

Nice do you take a few out?

If you mean do i take out a few does then the answer is -quite a few .19 does shot since the season started .

What don't you like about your Meopta scope?-Keeps fogging and the cross hairs are a tad fine for 'on dark' shots .

Will save for something a bit special .

Edited by foxdropper

good going so you shoot a a few then nothing like a bit bolt work.On the optic front i personally think the S&B are the best but i have swarovski too & looking to upgrade to swarovski only because S&B dont do what im after in swarovski price as i would be a PMII £1000-1400 for the scope i want.

that's good going so far this season i have had around 7 so far last one there on friday night there in fofar not far from v-max there was 3 come out in to the stubble but told client to take the older doe out which he did

v-max you are right the swarovski scope are the best of the best for the grey night's and grey morning's

keep up the good work

regards

wildfowler-2007

Hello i acctually rate the S&B better but its the price for what im after it would be a PMII & realy too much scope for me but has the illumination as the standard 4x16x50 S&B.The swarovski do the 6x24x50 for same price & i think they do it illuminated too now or they have the high-grid & both have 30mm tubes.My scopes are a S&B 2.5x10x56 & swar 2.5x10x42 on a 22.250 & 25-06.

Wildfowler-2007 did the doe you get have kid's or was it her kid's.I normally take the lot even in feb/march when kids are less or not dependent on the mother.By law in Scotland you should shoot dependint kids to the mother as they can pine away or die even if buck or doe kid.I like to give them a good start & let the mother or mature buck push them march/april but it must be hard/stressfull for the kids that time of year.