Sign in to follow this  
ryaldinhio

Dispatching A Fox

Ive lost 6 chickens to Mr fox. Been looking to buy a trap but if I did grt a trap and did catch him how do I safely (my safety) and quickly dispatch of a trapped fox? Im used to dealing with pheasant pigeons rats and rabbits! Air rifles is my thing though I do have a sxs sg but a bit dubious about using it in such close quaters in a metal cage, concerned of ricoche or damaging the trap!

Any help be appreciatted thanks.

Simple.....

Trap fox....release it and shoot it upon release with SG with good heavy load...JUST DON'T MISS !!!.

if your an air gunner, pull up a comfy chair and bore the fcuker to death with all that pish talk of holdovers and modified air rifles, shouldn't take too long

• Like 13

Try to borrow a mates 410. If possible if not a 12 bore will do...it's a bit over kill but if that's all you have then ......

• Like 2

get yourself a bolt action .410. cheep as chips and easy to poke through the mesh of the cage

• Like 2

if your an air gunner, pull up a comfy chair and bore the fcuker to death with all that pish talk of holdovers and modified air rifles, shouldn't take too long

:toast:

• Like 2

Simple.....

Trap fox....release it and shoot it upon release with SG with good heavy load...JUST DON'T MISS !!!.

This was my original plan!

Use fox wires, most times fox is dead if not 12 bore.

Guessing you meaning snares, problem I have is badgers, neighbours cats, peacocks, pheasant and many other things come in our garden so I wanted to trap not snare for a bit of selectivity?

The fox came in the garden last sarturday in the middle of the day snooping around so I sat for the rest of the day with the sxs seeing if it came back for an easy meal and it didnt! Sods law.

If you're going to go to the expense of buying a cage trap, buy a cheap .410 too. Best tool for the job IMO.

Actually started laughing at that! So true!

so very true lol cracked me up

so very true lol cracked me up

Nice bit of observational wit........;-)