Victor 120-2 Is Illegal.. Update On Use.

the definitions is where the interpretation gets mixed up.. imo the belise 110 would suffer and not be classed as a clone of bmi magnum 110 due to non magnum jaw shape.. its not equivalent in all respects in some peoples view.

ive seen good reports on the belise but i reckon it might fall short of some views on clone. cos its not magnum jawed its more likley to get put in the standard jaw section like a standard 110 duke not like a 110 magnum duke that would pass as clone.

i think someone who uses these should check it out further if in england.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And only in England

Now, what needs to be answered is; who put the 120-2 on the 'clone' list by naming them specifically and, WHY?

look at this.. duke 116 on the stao... but for greys no mention of mink and its a 116.. more confusion.   http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2015/1427/made

Posted Images

Thank you John

So surely one type of 110 size bodygrip would be 'equivalent' to another? And it would follow that one type of 116 would be the equiv of another type, and so raises the question of why bother approving the Duke 116 when it is equiv of BMI 116 anyway?

Not necessarily true. Suppose for the sake of argument I went to a manufacturer, gave them a bmi 116 and asked them to produce me one 'as cheaply as possible'. What I would end up with might very well look the same but it certainly wouldn't perform the same and not give the same humane results. Now I am NOT saying that all other makes of bgrip are rubbish - that would be nonsense but there clearly does need to be some form of test applied.

The way things stand at the moment are that either a) you submit it and get DEFRA to test it for you or b ) YOU test it against one that has been Defra tested and approved.

Their test is a first hand test of humaneness. Your test would have to be a technical test of equivalence. Ofcourse if it does meet the equivalence test and passes as a 'clone' how the hell is that not a breach of patent ?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.