Hunting Act Reform - Act Now !!!!

Following yesterday's decision by the SNP to vote with Labour in order to defeat these amendments..... the Government have decided to defer that vote until a future date.

Roll on English Votes for English Laws and the sooner the better I say...... you only reap what you sow !!!!

Edited by Barrie

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was my reply -   Dear Julie, Thank you for your reply, although its not what I wanted to hear it is what I expected, you may not know this but the hunting act doesn't just stop people follo

It is now being widely reported that the Government will propose amendments to the Hunting Act and that THIS COULD GO TO A VOTE AS EARLY AS NEXT WEEK.   The amendments, if passed, would remove the a

No offence intended Len and certainly none taken..... but an open forum isn't a wise place to discuss tactics or details.   All I can say is that I wouldn't have put my name to it, if I didn't think

Following yesterday's decision by the SNP to vote with Labour in order to defeat these amendments..... the Government have decided to defer that vote until a future date.

Roll on English Votes for English Laws and the sooner the better I say...... you only reap what you sow !!!!

Could this mean we could get a full repeal if we have EVEL instead of just the amendment?

Could this mean we could get a full repeal if we have EVEL instead of just the amendment?

It would certainly mean a major shift in the balance of power and the size of the Conservative majority..... but I guess they have to get EVEL through first and that will be a battle in itself.

Nevertheless.... interesting times ahead :victory:

It would certainly mean a major shift in the balance of power and the size of the Conservative majority..... but I guess they have to get EVEL through first and that will be a battle in itself.

Nevertheless.... interesting times ahead :victory:

very interesting times ahead.....I really do hope the SNPs have pissed on their battered mars bar for the last time!

• Like 1

Looks to me like its fcuk the Scottish terriermen we're alright jack

No offence intended Keep..... but I'm not quite sure where you get that idea from.

If there is any animosity being directed North of the Border, then the only place which warrants it is to those SNP politicians who have seen fit to interfere with the activities South of the Border and for no other reason than to score political points.

Speaking personally, I'm there shoulder to shoulder with the Scottish terriermen (and women), the same as I've always been and always will be.

To me a loss for one is a loss for all, regardless of whether it directly affects me or not.

Kindest Regards - Barrie

Edited by Barrie
  • Like 3

I am all for any step forward no matter how small BUT I truly believe that when the mounted packs get their repeal that will be it and the hundreds of thousands of lurcher owners in this country will get nothing ... I earn my living from rabbit control and it only takes one ill informed fool to tell the police that I was chasing hares to result in me losing a fortune ... oh wait that has already happened to me in Scotland ... £40,000 later in legal fees and the courts then decide there is no case to answer ... And strangely enough I didn't get offered any financial help from anybody ... Lurcher men are the ones that are going to be sacrificed for the fox packs ... By the way I am from Wiltshire and my local mp is conservative and she is backing the repeal so some good news there ........

• Like 2

No offence intended Keep..... but I'm not quite sure where you get that idea from.

If there is any animosity being directed North of the Border, then the only place which warrants it is to those SNP politicians who have seen fit to interfere with the activities South of the Border and for no other reason than to score political points.

Speaking personally, I'm there shoulder to shoulder with the Scottish terriermen (and women), the same as I've always been and always will be.

To me a loss for one is a loss for all, regardless of whether it directly affects me or not.

Kindest Regards - Barrie

Edited by Barrie, Yesterday, 02:04 PM.

Hi Barrie

My post probably dosn't explain what I mean which is a dig at the politians and not anyone that has a terrier at his feet and puts a shovel over his shoulder in my opinion this has nothing to do with saving foxes and is just a class war and because of all the publicity there may be a chance sturgeon will look at changing the law in Scotland.

Cheers mate.

• Like 1

Kindest Regards - Barrie

Edited by Barrie, Yesterday, 02:04 PM.

Hi Barrie

My post probably dosn't explain what I mean which is a dig at the politians and not anyone that has a terrier at his feet and puts a shovel over his shoulder in my opinion this has nothing to do with saving foxes and is just a class war and because of all the publicity there may be a chance sturgeon will look at changing the law in Scotland.

Cheers mate.

Hi Keep

I'm sure you're right there.... and at least in some part it seems like a return to the politics of the loony left.

Even though I may disagree with her on some things, I'm normally a great admirer of Nicola Sturgeon's presentational skills.

But I'm afraid this week she let herself down badly on all fronts. Her justification for her actions was at best "wishy washy" (we had thousands of English voters ask us to oppose the amendments) and coming from a lady who advocates that English politicians shouldn't interfere with Scottish affairs came across as being hypocritical. And to be honest it showed in her face, I'm sure even she didn't believe in what she was saying.

Hopefully the SNP in Scotland (rather than in Westminster) will have enough to concentrate their efforts on, once they have their new devolved powers, rather than stir up the old hunting issue.

Kindest Regards - Barrie

Edited by Barrie
  • Like 3

My understanding of the SNP position now is that they want to bring hunting with dog in line with England. Didn't see that in there manifesto

I'm not a gambling man but I'd have a flutter that the SNP will try to go even further and maybe restrict country sports with dogs more than in England. :cry: Hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

so whens the next chance of the hunting act been amended again? or has it just been pushed to one side and forgotten about? and dose anyone know if the likes of the countryside alliance and other groups are trying to push things in the right direction

• IanB unpinned this topic