Hunting Act Reform - Act Now !!!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was my reply -   Dear Julie, Thank you for your reply, although its not what I wanted to hear it is what I expected, you may not know this but the hunting act doesn't just stop people follo

It is now being widely reported that the Government will propose amendments to the Hunting Act and that THIS COULD GO TO A VOTE AS EARLY AS NEXT WEEK.   The amendments, if passed, would remove the a

No offence intended Len and certainly none taken..... but an open forum isn't a wise place to discuss tactics or details.   All I can say is that I wouldn't have put my name to it, if I didn't think

I've done it but I'm not f****n happy about it, a total repeal one minute and then we get sent to slaughter as per usual. I hope there's more to it.

I totally agree with you mate but we can only hope...

Barrie, how does this secure our future? The promise was total repeal if voted for not allowing more dogs to chase, what about the running dog men? Do they not exist? Genuine questions. Not starting a row

well said ,, I have sent a email to the countryside alience to ask if they have for got about lurchers as they never get any footage any more

just today i,v had a reply from ben gummer mp here in ipswich, he says that his views have not changed and that he would be happier to see a regulatory regime put in place so that animal welfare could be guaranteed, which the current legistation cannot.he goes on to say that should such legistation be presented to parliment in the future, that he would vote for repeal of the act and its replacement by a welfare regime that actually works. i don,t think we will see the law overturned as we hoped but i think we,ll have to be happy with any change for now. cheers plum!

This been going on so long that I just can't be bothered with it all least of all let the powers to be know I'm bothered either way,you never gonna be going back to the days of old so simple answer,work round it

I really hope that the hunting men and women, their children, grandchildren, friends and understanding workmates of England & Wales get behind this effort. It would help to de-criminalise ordinary decent hunting people from an unjust and politically motivated Act.

Remember the ANTI's will have deluded students, vegans, fur huggers, urbanites, etc fighting their corner!

Not bothering is a cop out and I can see from your Avatar that "you are hiding in a ditch"? With that kind of mindset hunting would further decline into none existance....... People should get up off their arses and do whatever is necessary to move the ground backwards from the current postition. Doing nothing is not an option IMO. If you hunt you need to vote and get others to do likewise.

I wish you all well.

Edited by Corkman
  • Like 4

so there won't be a complete repeal?

David Cameron was quite specific regarding that in PMQs yesterday.... He said "A free vote on the repeal of the Hunting Act is still a manifesto commitment".

I hope that helps - Regards Barrie

• Like 3

Barrie good to see you posting again.

Ive just voted there could all the Northern Irish Terriermen lurcher men gundog men fishermen get themselves family members and friends to fill in this it only needs a post code address and an email.... northern irish ministers sitting in Westminster also have a vote on this , get everyone on this as soon as possible and help to get this most sensible amendment pushed through and make it the first step of the ladder.... best of luck men...

• Like 2

I hope that the hunting community get behind this and contact their MP's before next weeks vote.

For terriermen in particular it is important to take every opportunity to push back on the ban and the way it impacts their work.

Pest control is a service that the public need and Cameron is right IMO to make progress where he can.

This may seem like a small step on the road to a total repeal of the Hunting Ban but small steps count.

If Barrie is behind this then that should be reason enough for hunting people to act.

Good luck with the vote.

• Like 6
  • IanB unpinned this topic