Sea Lion Attack!

That pic with the guy holding the fish with the sea lion latched onto his hand/fish is ace!

I've heard of a seal capsizing a kayak trying to get the bucket of makeral but nothing like that. Accidental or otherwise i would imagine having a lump of blubber like that come out of nowhere would scare the crap out of you

That pic with the guy holding the fish with the sea lion latched onto his hand/fish is ace!

I've heard of a seal capsizing a kayak trying to get the bucket of makeral but nothing like that. Accidental or otherwise i would imagine having a lump of blubber like that come out of nowhere would scare the crap out of you

That happened to a member on here and he very nearly died because of it believe or not and it was in this country..

That happened to a member on here and he very nearly died because of it believe or not and it was in this country..

I can imagine how it could happen they're not stupid animals. You can see them checking you out from a distance and sometimes come in close to try grab hooked fish.

i had a very scary doo with a seal once,i had the drift net out on the beach once and had a few mullet hit so their i was waiding up to my chest i had took 2 out and wentt o take the 3rd out when a BIG BIG bowwave come down the net and stopped about 10ft away up poped the biggest fecking bull seal i have ever seen! this thing had a head like a limmy cow!
the mullet was half way between me and it....it looked at me and had the same thought "thats mine!" i took a step and he come the same distance..so i started flapping my arms and making a racket

this had the opposite affect

it made a lunge and i took off and run as fast as the chest deep water of the irish sea would let me,screaming like a girl!

• Like 7

i had a very scary doo with a seal once,i had the drift net out on the beach once and had a few mullet hit so their i was waiding up to my chest i had took 2 out and wentt o take the 3rd out when a BIG BIG bowwave come down the net and stopped about 10ft away up poped the biggest fecking bull seal i have ever seen! this thing had a head like a limmy cow!

the mullet was half way between me and it....it looked at me and had the same thought "thats mine!" i took a step and he come the same distance..so i started flapping my arms and making a racket

it made a lunge and i took off and run as fast as the chest deep water of the irish sea would let me,screaming like a girl!

That's a good story!

I don't think they're aggressive just focused on the fish. I've a mate who's a diver who has loads of footage of them swimming alongside and they look more curious than anything.

That said, if I'm bobbing around on a kayak in the North Sea and 200lbs of determined blubber decides it wants my fish. I won't be fighting it for them

• Like 2

brilliant , have it on your toes I,d do the same :thumbs:

Yes the leopard seal is not only large and aggressive, but also designed to eat meat such as penguins and other seals rather than fish. They have killed people in the past.

Speak to any sealion trainer in a zoo or such who has been around a bit, and they will tell you that sealions can be very dangerous, not just good at balancing balls on their nose!

Yes the leopard seal is not only large and aggressive, but also designed to eat meat such as penguins and other seals rather than fish. They have killed people in the past.

Speak to any sealion trainer in a zoo or such who has been around a bit, and they will tell you that sealions can be very dangerous, not just good at balancing balls on their nose!

:thumbs: