Lurcher Pup Feeding Routine.......

Well, I've taken the plunge and I am now the proud owner of a lurcher pup - a Beddy Whippet X of 8 weeks, to be exact, and he's coming on a treat,but I've got a couple of feeding questions......sorry for the beginner's dumbass stuff.

I've switched him over to BARF no problems, and he loves to gnaw a bone. He's on 10% of bodyweight daily over three meals,and I'm going to reduce him to two meals over next week. So....

....at what age should I begin to reduce the bodyweight %age ?

....my others dogs are on 2-3%.When should he be down to this kind of figure ?

....when should I reduce him to one meal, like the others ?

I know there's no hard and fast rules, but just looking for some guidelines really.

He's got his first jab tomorrow and I can't wait 'til I can get him out and about (even though I'm only a casual moocher !)

Cheers

BB

Edited by Blackbriar

Forget about the % per body weight it doesn't work out for lurcher pups ... Keep feeding three meals for the next few months and let it eat what it wants within reason ... A lurcher pup shouldn't look like a lurched it should be nice and fat but not obese ......

• Like 2

they tend to grow outwards and then upwards, so always fat or thin :laugh: just keep pumping the grub in and keep the worming up to date, dont forget as he gets older the more active he will become and the more calories he will burn

He gets puppy mixer, brown rice, oily fish, veggies, eggs and the meat is minced chicken or duck, the odd chicken wing and I feed them all tripe once a week and meaty bones every other day.

• Like 1