Fancy A 99S In .177

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

so got those crono results 567.1 568.8 562.5 568.2 563.4 562.5 562.5 559.5 562.5 561.2 so running at about 11.2 put about 300 jsb's through it seems to be settling down nice.

Dont get confused there Bernie,look at my reply to your op, in which I did state the diference between a break barrel and a HW97/ or a AA TX. the major diference between them is the underlevers have a

Nearly had three this morning...

Posted Images

Dug some more ammo out of the archives. The good old Champions. These weighed in at a remarkably consistent 12.7 grains and man, did the 99 like these stumpy little slugs. At 650 fps and 11.92 ft lbs energy they're a bit close for comfort and typically, accuracy was pellet on pellet at the 23 yards I tested them at. I'll try them further out when I get time.

post-74402-0-97696700-1438971097_thumb.jpg

post-74402-0-66401400-1438971114_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Enjoyed seeing those pellets, wow, a proper blast from the past, the 99s do seem to like the shorter lighter pellets especially in .22 up to now mine shoots best with Webley accupel field target, it really is the most accurate springer I have ever shot, my .177 Cometa Lynx is super accurate with Bisley magnums, yes the 99 is a little harder to shoot/keep on target, but not much, I have seen plenty of pcps that wont group like this will :icon_eek:

well drove down to counryway in kent,and picked up a 99s opted for .22 in the end.will put some shots over the crono in the week then take it to local engineers to get the barrel cut and screw cut then strip it down.

Well when you strip it down mate, look at the piston seal very carefully, mine was great when I first put it together, and then started to lose power dramatically, when I first stripped it, I noticed some small bits of turnings/fash embedded in the seal :blink: and chose to ignore it,MISTAKE :yes: I have now fitted a Vortek seal, oh my what a difference, I have had to take a preload washer out to keep it under 12fpe, I cant speak highly enough of these seals, you have to size them to your cylinder, but 20 minutes with a drill and some 1000 grit, and then 2000 grit to finish, gets it sized properly, so my advice mate, de-grease very carefully, then do it again, to remove not only the grease but bits of turning metal in the cylinder, I have now decided on the best lubing process, for me at any rate, ultimox226 on the spring,guide's etc, and dri slide on the piston, with just a dab of silicone oil on the Vortek seal, perfect :yes:

• Like 1

oh and it was £199. picked up a hawke 2x7x32 IR for it something small and light.

A lightweight scope is a good choice, I put my little Simmons 1.5-5x20 wtc on the 99 when I first got the rifle. I've since had a couple of others on it, but I've gone back to the little Simmons. It suits the little 99s just right and the whole set up is nice and light and well balanced. I can't seem to put the thing down, it's so much better than it ought to be. I'm even considering a custom stock for it.
  • Like 1

Hi I cant wait to purchase my 99s at the end of the month, but im a bit confused now on what calibre to buy now. I know .177 kicks a little bit more and I know the .22 is smoother. I know I used to shoot .22 recoiling class in the HFT comps and loved it. So would you guys suggest .22 calibre. :hmm:

• Like 1