Fancy A 99S In .177

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

so got those crono results 567.1 568.8 562.5 568.2 563.4 562.5 562.5 559.5 562.5 561.2 so running at about 11.2 put about 300 jsb's through it seems to be settling down nice.

Dont get confused there Bernie,look at my reply to your op, in which I did state the diference between a break barrel and a HW97/ or a AA TX. the major diference between them is the underlevers have a

Nearly had three this morning...

Posted Images

If you can I would love to know where, mine arrived in about 6 days :yes: my .22 99s (shhhhhh dont want Bigmac to get wind of me having a .22) arrived the other day, it is now in bits, the tuning is done, I am now waiting to get the barrel chopped and screwcut, looking forward to building it back up, :thumbs:

• Like 2

On this one mate, I am going to use nothing but Ultimox on the rifle, spring and piston, I usually use dri-slide on the piston, and a bit of moly on the spring, which has always given good results, however after seeing the results of ultimox on a mates old HW35 I am sold, the thing with it is, even if it gets past the piston seal, it WILL NOT DIESEL, the other one is Quantum hot sauce, which is actually a fishing reel grease, but again I have seen and heard damn good things about it, and you can get it from this country, my advice for what its worth, ;) get some ultimox, but make sure you properly de-grease everything you intend to put it on, as it does not like mixing with other lubricants, I will be reporting back, once this 99 is up and running, have really gone to town on this one, so we shall see.

• Like 1

Ok well the 99 is back together, screwcut to 11.5", it was running at just above 10ftlbs out of the box, it now has the airgun works tuning kit installed, with a Maccari spring which is slightly longer than standard, so no power washers installed, when I tested it out of the box, I tested it with Bisley super field which I thought might be a good starting point,I was wrong, it hates them and sprays them like a shotgun :D and is only recording about 10.4 with them, however I found some accupells and tried those, the rifle sounds different, is smoother and is recording a nice 11.2 ftlbs with only about 2-3 fps variation over the chrono :thumbs: so the testing begins to find the optimum and most accurate pellet, I will get some superdomes and ftt later and try those, and nick some air arms diablo off a mate as well, I would have thought they will be a good starting point, I would also like to try some H&N hunter extreme at some stage, I expect the power to creep up a bit as it beds in and get even smoother, if it starts to creep up a bit close I will take a coil off the Maccari spring, something I might do anyway as it is a wee bit lively, but a pellet stays put on the scope turret, so nothing I cant live with, so all in all very pleased and the trigger is superb, very crisp and the lock time is super quick, so just need to get it grouping and we are away :thumbs:

Stripped the trigger mate and did a polish, to be fair it was pretty good before, and seemed to be lubed properly, not filled with vaseline as seems to be the case with some,tried it with some Eley wasp 5.6 tonight at a mates, pellet on pellet and doing a super consistent 11.65ftlbs, with only 4 ftps variation over a ten shot string ;) it seems to hate the heavier pellets, possibly because it has become pellet fussy after chopping the barrel, and losing the choke in the end, I will try a few more pellets, but at the moment the wasps seem to be the front runner, which has surprised me to be honest.

• Like 2

Stripped the trigger mate and did a polish, to be fair it was pretty good before, and seemed to be lubed properly, not filled with vaseline as seems to be the case with some,tried it with some Eley wasp 5.6 tonight at a mates, pellet on pellet and doing a super consistent 11.65ftlbs, with only 4 ftps variation over a ten shot string ;) it seems to hate the heavier pellets, possibly because it has become pellet fussy after chopping the barrel, and losing the choke in the end, I will try a few more pellets, but at the moment the wasps seem to be the front runner, which has surprised me to be honest.

Are these the original eley wasp or the new "wasp" pellets. I've got some of the old ones but I've read that the new ones aren't as good as they used to be.

Thats the thing mate, they were the original wasps, my mate has got tins of allsorts from across the decades, so brought these out to try, but I suspect the new ones wont be up to much, going to try the Falcons,Crosman prem, and Bisley long range gold, oh and superdomes, its ok having a pellet it performs well with, but if you cant get them :cray:

• Like 1

Thats the thing mate, they were the original wasps, my mate has got tins of allsorts from across the decades, so brought these out to try, but I suspect the new ones wont be up to much, going to try the Falcons,Crosman prem, and Bisley long range gold, oh and superdomes, its ok having a pellet it performs well with, but if you cant get them :cray:

Pitty that, I might buy a tin of the new ones anyway, just to try them against the originals..