Fancy A 99S In .177

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

so got those crono results 567.1 568.8 562.5 568.2 563.4 562.5 562.5 559.5 562.5 561.2 so running at about 11.2 put about 300 jsb's through it seems to be settling down nice.

Dont get confused there Bernie,look at my reply to your op, in which I did state the diference between a break barrel and a HW97/ or a AA TX. the major diference between them is the underlevers have a

Nearly had three this morning...

Posted Images

Walther springers are the new standard of rifle out the box, I spent a good 2 days with a Comp ultra in 22 and my God is was good, real good. As I've mentioned in another post though, shooters don't actually appreciate how good they are unless they've shot the standard HW's and AA's for that matter.

I would love one, but can't justify it at the minute. The master could almost be a equivelent of an imp when in 22... Without the weight as mentioned.

• Like 1

Have you had it on the chrono yet? Dont go adding loads of pre-load to try and up the power it will not work ;) polish, de-burr, tuning kit, all add a bit, but nowhere near as much as the right kind of go faster grease in a 99, especially a .177 99, let me know if you want a link to the right lube mate :thumbs:

My 99s in .22 is running 11.4-11.8 depending on pellets used. It's just polished inside with a piston sleeve and tin bum kit. Lovely to shoot now. Be careful with silicone oil, don't use on metal to metal moving parts.

• Like 2

Well it just so happens I have just ordered one in .22 :icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek: Bigmac is going to love this when he sees it :yes: I am going to go to town on this one, barrel chop to 11" or so, screwcut, for a moderator, going to have a full tune, including trigger, airgun works tuning kit, this will be my day rifle now, as I have installed the new Yukon 6.5x50 night vision scope on the Cometa Lynx.

• Like 1

Thanks mate will remember that. Ordered it after reading a blog from pyramid air, said to use 1-2 drops every tin of pellets or so

I would not bother mate put a light coating on the piston seal edges, and leave it at that, ultimox 226 ptfe grease or quantum hot sauce grease (not oil) will work wonders mate, both available on that auction site ;) not cheap but oh boy do they work on the piston and spring.

Doing it myself mate, apart from screw cutting :yes: ordered the airgun works kit with the rifle, I will start by stripping the trigger unit, de-greasing, polish all the sears to a mirror finish, then a full de-burr, cocking slot etc, piston and rod will get a mirror polish, piston seal will be checked and resized if needed, airgun works spring will be mirror polished on the ends, then installed with the new guide. top hat, all lubed with ultimox 226, then power set at around 11.4 ish ftlbs, wichever is the smoothest, barrel will be chopped to around 10.5-11 inches like the Imp.

Had the 99 apart. Worlds apart from the prosport- the AA guns are dead easy to get into compared to the hw- but I got her open in the end. Feck me.

So had it apart, cleaned it out and fitted a ptfe sleeve re lubed and back in. The spring was in good nick but it's got a hell of a lot of preload on it so I urge anyone looking to get one to go for .22

The sleeve has done a nice job but ordered some fine wire wool to de burr and polish with and needs a tophat fitting to improve it I reckon. Tbt kit probably, could do with a slightly shorter spring as well. No idea how to do that though!