Pest Control Supplier

Just been browsing through the latest edition of 'Pest' magazine and came across an advert for a professional pest control supplier that I haven't heard of before. They're called pestfix and they are a family run company full of all the usual promises like lowest prices etc.

If you want to piss yourself laughing, have a look at their 'low prices'

Personally I think there is massive price fixing in the pest control supply industry.

Telescopic ladders are all 140 plus vat give or take a couple of quick....70 quid from a local hardware shop!

German made ant gels 30 quid in America, same product in UK 120 plus vat and delivery......I could go on and On!!!!

Top three UK companies all within 4 quid of each other on everything

• Like 2

Personally I think there is massive price fixing in the pest control supply industry.

Telescopic ladders are all 140 plus vat give or take a couple of quick....70 quid from a local hardware shop!

German made ant gels 30 quid in America, same product in UK 120 plus vat and delivery......I could go on and On!!!!

Top three UK companies all within 4 quid of each other on everything

Have to agree , it really seams that way , the only way to get a decent price is to pester one of their reps, then you can see the mark-up... :hmm:

I had this argument on here before about trap prices, BMI 110s over here £11 each, in America $48 for a DOZEN, i was basically told to shut up and i didn't know what i was talking about. I know that firms have to make a profit but that is ridiculous, i am sure some one clever than me will be able to work out the percentages.

Brian

• Like 1

Ant gel made in Germany, £100 plus vat plus delivery so £130. In America the same German made gels are £20 ish delivered....

...so much for the benefits of being in the eu!

Have you seen the price of things like cordless drills and workboots from the pest control supply companies? Who buys that no name rubbish at that price?

I had this argument on here before about trap prices, BMI 110s over here £11 each, in America $48 for a DOZEN, i was basically told to shut up and i didn't know what i was talking about. I know that firms have to make a profit but that is ridiculous, i am sure some one clever than me will be able to work out the percentages.Brian

I buy all my duke 110's from the US of A for this reason. Bed price for one here in the republic is 15e.

I get a half dozen to my door for 50e. Pure rip off merchants. But its across the board.

I bought medicine in Spain last year for 4e a pack. At home it was costing me 12e a pack. The real kicker was that the medicine I bought in Spain was f***ing manufactured in Ireland!!!

Yes we get shafted on price in the UK, but where I can I try and get a cheaper deal from other companies. Today I saved myself over £70 on a new 5L sprayer by shopping around :thumbs:

However, if I'm stuck and need something in a hurry I find SX are brilliant on their next day deliveries. They may not be the cheapest but they've got me out of the shit when I've needed stuff in a hurry!

So are bloody awful at the mo! Absolute rubbish in fact! Next day delivery took 3 days ordered on a tues morning and they charged for delivery when they said they wouldn't and half the stuff wasn't in there! Their 1 shots are rubbish their ant gel is rubbish etc they don't get our. Vote at the mo! Their new sales rep for our area came round the other week and had no idea certain products that were being withdrawn are back on the market with a slightly different formulation. Add to that trying to sell shite like new water/gel capsules for traps that the samples lasted less than a week before the shrivelled to nothing. Piss poor Imo, kill germ gets our cash these days.