• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 belucky

belucky

Mega Hunter

• Donator
  • 470 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 08:28 pm

hi all, I have the chance of a regular supply of minced whole whiteing and was wondering if anyone had fed it to there dogs ? ,, at the moment im feeding raw flesh but the shit is real black and runny, there doing well on it but the mess is unreal, iv tried mixers ect but when your feeding 15 hounds + 15 others is a lot of work , atb

#2 Neal

Neal

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 04:39 pm

I feed white fish to mine sometimes and the only drawback I find is that their urine stinks for the next 24 hours.

#3 Jamie Legg

Jamie Legg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 10:30 am

my dogs have it on occasion. my old bitch used to have it all the time and loved it

#4 perthshire keeper

perthshire keeper

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 2,407 posts
  • Location:was cumbria home of the mighty now perthshire home of the strange

Posted 08 October 2015 - 09:31 pm

mine get it atleast once or often twice a week, evry thing from flounder dogfish and whiting..they do very well on it and the hounds love it! it can play up with their shites a lal bit but noting major..if it dose them mixing it with purebred or similar helps

#5 belucky

belucky

Mega Hunter

• Donator
  • 470 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 10:24 pm

mine get it atleast once or often twice a week, evry thing from flounder dogfish and whiting..they do very well on it and the hounds love it! it can play up with their shites a lal bit but noting major..if it dose them mixing it with purebred or similar helps
[/qdo you boil it up for them keeper ? I ended up with 8 boxes of whiteing ,, I minced 4 boxes and froze it and froze the other 4 whole , they aren't very keen on it to be honest , theyre a bit keener if I boil it , atb uote]

#6 perthshire keeper

perthshire keeper

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 11:25 pm

they will pick thru it raw the springer and terriers will wulf it donw raw but the others like it better cooked....copper boiler  :thumbs:

#7 belucky

belucky

Mega Hunter

• Donator
  • 470 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 07:51 pm

they will pick thru it raw the springer and terriers will wulf it donw raw but the others like it better cooked....copper boiler  :thumbs:

copper boiler ???

#8 perthshire keeper

perthshire keeper

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 09:32 pm

copper boiler ???

boil it up in a big boiler half a box at a time about 3 days worth and just add a little water and reheat it every time its fed...they will take it beter warm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users