Help !!!!!!!!!

It is probably an imperforate anus. If the anus hasn't formed properly it will not allow passage of faeces. it is surprising how long a kit can live with this condition, though I would have thought that if the anus was completely sealed it would have died by now. Either get it straight to a vet or cull it painlessly and immediately.

• Like 2

It is probably an imperforate anus. If the anus hasn't formed properly it will not allow passage of faeces. it is surprising how long a kit can live with this condition, though I would have thought that if the anus was completely sealed it would have died by now. Either get it straight to a vet or cull it painlessly and immediately.

Can I massageor stimulate the anus i did rub earlier and he did poo a little should i keep trying??

All the vet saidate was he's got a grumbly belly, so have him a jab for that, a jab with fluids and I got stuff called betamox two drops a day to give him . And he's on cooked chicken now too lol

Wallet £25 lighter too haha.

Little fella is right in himself eating drinking playing. So just hope he gets through this.

• Like 2

Im not being funny mate...But some vets know feck all about ferrets..

Is its belly still bloated like it was before ?

IF the vets told you to give it cooked chicken,that would be my first cause for concern..?

I would be giving it minced chicken carcass,raw in a soup like consistency..little and often.

I do hope the little fella is OK..and good on you for actually spending more money on a ferret so far than most folk spend in its lifetime.. The little fella will pay you back ten fold in future.

Id agree with vin. Most vets know nothing about ferrets. Dont know if its because most people keeping them tend to neglect them and dont take them in when they are sick or cull to avoid a vet bill. My vet has never treated a ferret ever and was stumped when i was talking to him about mine. Had to phone england to find out about them. Id personally keep him on the raw meat as well as its the best for them. Fair play to you for bringing him to the vet.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

bit of an update on my little guy (who I have lovingly named fatty) He is playing, eating and pooping like the others all be it a little slower as he is dragging his belly around. There has ben no change in his condition. He is the first into the food too.

I have decidedto keep this little guy along with a gill. He will not be culled I hope he will get over this at some point.

Thanks for your kind comments guys. if he costs me a few quid in vet bills now =, im sure he will pay me back ten fold with coonies. :thumbs:

• Like 3

Last update of this thread guys ?

Sorting out my kits this morning and discovered that my little fatty has passed away??

I happy that I gave him a chance.

Thanks guys for your advice and support and some of your personal messages greatly appreciated ??

Rest in peace fatty x

A future good worked lost .