Game Camera Security & Lock Boxes

As I have had my previous one pinched, and recently got a new one (thanks to seeing all the members on here rushing out to LIDL & Aldi lol) I was thinking of making or buying some sort of lock box or cable lock to put on the camera, I know it won't stop a prepared thief but it would probably stop the casual walker who takes it anyway.

My last one was password protected (as is this one) so the tossers can't even use it.

Feel free to post your top tips for game camera security hmm1.gif.pagespeed.ce.14qswzkL09.gif

I had mine on my permission and the farmer and I sat every week and watched the videos of the young fallow fawns playing about.

He's 80 odd and loved seeing it, as did I.

Then some scum pinched it

Ah mate mind were well off the track and into thick wood. I reckon another hunter pinched it as can't see why anyone else would be where it was.

Shame tho, hopefully this one won't suffer the same fate

I had one stolen a few weeks ago, so a length of angle cut into 4 lengths welded together bolt along the top big padlock. With a chain bolted inside , bit of black paint a large tree and I'm well away. Put the camara in push the bolt through and wrap a padlock around the tree and lock them together.

In fact I made a bit of money out of one.

I had one stolen a few weeks ago, so a length of angle cut into 4 lengths welded together bolt along the top big padlock. With a chain bolted inside , bit of black paint a large tree and I'm well away. Put the camara in push the bolt through and wrap a padlock around the tree and lock them together.

AI something like that mate. Have you got any pics please ?

It wont stop some sort of tooled up super thief but its going to stop a walker trying their luck

AI something like that mate. Have you got any pics please ?

It wont stop some sort of tooled up super thief but its going to stop a walker trying their luck

you would need to be well tooled up to get this one, i put it round trees which are about 3ft diamater. i ratchet the box to a tree and wrap the chain around as many trees as i can its about 10ft long. the picture was taken just before i finished it, so i put a dot where i drill a hole for the padlock, you slide out the T bar at the top out put camera in push T bar back in and put a padlock on the chain and the T bar at the top. The other thing i like about it is the amount of people who walk in wood see camera and turn around knowing they shouldn't be in there.

post-71347-0-85241500-1435583874_thumb.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

I had one of the boxes you buy and they are not strong they are sort of tin with a wire on them that would be cut through using a good pair of wire cutters. i moved mine today and made another one, got a cracking video of someone trying to break into it.

post-71347-0-73641300-1436384904_thumb.jpg For 5 mins he was bending twisting and tried to open it to take card out, the thick fecker filmed himself doing it.

post-71347-0-78265700-1436385018_thumb.jpg now its in a new place to see who walks past

post-71347-0-21698500-1436385153_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

No i went one better, he tried to open it and got the locks at the side open i presume to take the card out and the next day it rained, i put his picture on a local facebook page and asked if anyone knew him, had several people and one with an address so i put some pics on my phone and went round saw his parents and explained and that i was going to get a new camera as rain got in and he could pay for it, i left my card and he emailed me a few days later to say he was in the wood but didnt touch the camera so i sent him a few snippets of the video and he paid up.

• Like 1

No i went one better, he tried to open it and got the locks at the side open i presume to take the card out and the next day it rained, i put his picture on a local facebook page and asked if anyone knew him, had several people and one with an address so i put some pics on my phone and went round saw his parents and explained and that i was going to get a new camera as rain got in and he could pay for it, i left my card and he emailed me a few days later to say he was in the wood but didnt touch the camera so i sent him a few snippets of the video and he paid up.

Handy things these cameras where do you buy them from ? Also what part of the South are you ?