Tricky Rabbit Perm

Hey guys, I've recently acquired a new rabbit perm.

The only problem the little buggers are very shy and wary, they do not lamp well and you can barely get in range for a shot before they bolt for their warren!

The perm is a football club that is used only 2 days a week so they're used to being on their own.

Have any of you got any tips for me?

Would be much appreciated as their is about 30 - 40 in each field...

TIA

• Like 2

LAY IN WAIT for them

let them run in to there burrows or for cover then lay at your zero distance in line with there burrows not out in the field

where they can see you as there crafty little feckers and some will be watching you

go up in day light with out your rifle and pace out your zero,d distance and mark it so when you do go to shoot you will no where to set up

what ever you do when you do go to shoot them DO NOT WALK PAST THERE BURROWS as they will sense your there and it will take longer for them to come out

Or have a word with the grounds man and get him to put some of the ground equipment near the burrows and leave it for a few days before you go and use it as cover

Or set up a camo net and peg it down so you can lay under it but again leave it out for a few days so they can get used to it

Just go up and watch them see if they run when the grounds mans around doing his job sounds daft but one of my mates has a perm where the security lads have high vis jackets on and they just sit dont even flinch

but you walk on with camo gear on and there off

so i went up one night in high vis and had a good night lol

they were that used to seeing the guards that they did not feel threaten,d by them

hope this helps bud

there is loads you can do

and con grats on the perm

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 3

Bunnyblatter, I was thinking that but it's not in the shooting budget yet aha

Bigmac 97kt, this makes sense aha.

I will try what you said out over the next fortnight or so and hopefully I'll get a bigger bag than just the one aha.

Thank you both for your tips, it's appreciated

Atb

• Like 1

Bunnyblatter, I was thinking that but it's not in the shooting budget yet aha

Bigmac 97kt, this makes sense aha.

I will try what you said out over the next fortnight or so and hopefully I'll get a bigger bag than just the one aha.

Thank you both for your tips, it's appreciated

Atb

You can build a NV unit for not a lot of money mate that will work brilliantly at air gun range

Lusomage trapping, field craft and air gunning go "hand in hand" when hunting.

If you are under pressure to remove as many rabbits as possible - as soon as possible - then snares are the answer.

If the land owner says no to snares then as suggested - night vision and late nights.

Good Luck

Edited by mark williams
  • Like 2

This is the beauty of hunting a good quarry chap.

The harder they are to stalk, ambush and lamp, the better you'll get.

I'd say keep at it, do what you do and when you find a area of field, or a process that works, the penny will have dropped.

It is a fine hunter that can stalk at alert quarry, get comfy, control the shot and drop the bugger, with so much to control and think about. One hard one is worth 10 easy ones.

• Like 3

Hey guys, I've recently acquired a new rabbit perm.

The only problem the little buggers are very shy and wary, they do not lamp well and you can barely get in range for a shot before they bolt for their warren!

The perm is a football club that is used only 2 days a week so they're used to being on their own.

Have any of you got any tips for me?

Would be much appreciated as their is about 30 - 40 in each field...

TIA

Buy a nv unit,

• Like 1