Lake Of Menteith

Did a double shift over the weekend, the mrs let me away to do it, bless her!

Fished 18:00 - 23:00 on friday, had a barbie and got our heads down till 03:00 on saturday morning, got up and fished 04:00 till 09:30.....

Brilliant sessions, 18+ on Friday night and had 24 in the boat on saturday, 8 were over 5lb and they were crackers, one on the friday night was well over 5lb and was overwintered, had a tail like a spade....

Got them all on emergers and cdc dries, great sport on my wee sage 4 weight....

Couple of photies, me with a rainbow and the big man with a blue that was over 8lb....

post-53619-0-92774700-1435045475_thumb.jpg

post-53619-0-71023000-1435047028_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Never saw a pike billy, there are sessions for them available at certain times I believe. Speaking to a guy I know locally, he reckons Linlithgow Loch is the Mecca for pike fishing, fly-fishing for pike that is...he has had sessions with up to 10 doubles, including fish over 30lb. I don't know much about pike fishing, but that is what this guy said to me....he reckons Linlithgow is better than Mentieth....I might give it a go one day, I can see the loch from my living room window!!!

• Like 1

jealous as fcuk, still no wet a line yet, hopefully soon as this next weekend is over ill be out, cracking pics mate

Get out a soon as mate, its prime fishing just now, no algae and they are right on top, great sport!! If you an get a boat!!!

I can see the loch from my living room window!!! , You are a very lucky man. :thumbs:

Ha ha Billy! I think there are quite a few windows out onto the loch, but aye, its a nice wee place to live, surrounded by countryside and a nice big loch full of fish in the middle of the village....and some not too bad wee pubs!

• Like 1

I can see the loch from my living room window!!! , You are a very lucky man. :thumbs:

Ha ha Billy! I think there are quite a few windows out onto the loch, but aye, its a nice wee place to live, surrounded by countryside and a nice big loch full of fish in the middle of the village....and some not too bad wee pubs!

You are just rubbing it in now. :laugh::thumbs: