River Aire Fish Passes!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went down to the river Aire on Saturday for a look at the new fish passes that have been built....       Eel board.......     And the other.....     Another eel board....    

A bit of revival of an old topic but I have to share the joy lol   I got a phone call from a mate who was fishing the aire and he caught 3 eels!!! So I shot down to see and here they are....    

i remember seeing fish trying to jump the weir at cas... i wasnt sure what they were, i was stuck on the bridge in traffic at the time. nice to see those pics tom .

Posted Images

When the EA electro-net the Aire they always find Grayling around Armley, obviously in the faster runs.

Blooming heck saying that iv got a well trusted friend saying he seen one under the dark arches in Leeds centre. I seen lots of brown trout under there too.

I used to get all the results handed to me from the electro team. :thumbs:

It's a surprising river the aire that's what makes it so interesting. Did they ever get any eels?

No eels on any of the reports I saw.

When the EA electro-net the Aire they always find Grayling around Armley, obviously in the faster runs.

Blooming heck saying that iv got a well trusted friend saying he seen one under the dark arches in Leeds centre. I seen lots of brown trout under there too.

I used to get all the results handed to me from the electro team. :thumbs:

It's a surprising river the aire that's what makes it so interesting. Did they ever get any eels?

No eels on any of the reports I saw.

Aww well we live in hope! A friend of mine caught one in armley surely the released ones will be half a pound by now?

Iv just got back from another river exploration and found one of the wiers at my faveroute old chub fishing spot has been removed completely!....

E785E9F9-0949-40F8-B08C-3DE92D482E93_zps

91959A72-ACB6-4749-8239-99752B88815D_zps

Bit of a surprise! My old chub spots are now gone and only a foot or so deep and flowing very fast!...

F91155A2-95AE-426A-9D5E-773BA9C2012C_zps

It's a bit of a shame but at the same time a bit of a blessing as there seemed to be a few trout rising. I could constantly see my lure from as it was so shallow and had a follow off a small brownie and half an hour after that a very big brownie striked and missed my lure 3 times and then the 4th strike hooked it - it was only on for about 5 seconds tho and lost it.

After a bit more luring I decided to have an explore and see what I could find and turned a few stones over and everyone of them where full of invertebrates and eggs, and found loads of stone loach and bullheads too!

I then came across these prints, maybe jdarcy could help me?.....

61C349EC-D68D-4734-BE32-795292BA9DC2_zps

222840F1-C8EC-41D1-BE92-D31F5A57B9BD_zps

I was thinking mink?

And found theese droppings....

B1F4D330-1F95-4E97-8013-0C8F873DC539_zps

Mink too?

I'm looking forwards to having a go back there with the fly rod now the swims are faster and shallower. The EA have done some really good work.

I got talking to a nice guy fishing and he said he had caught a grayling there and that when he was a kid and crossed the bridge he had to hold his nose as the river stunk like a sewer and he never expected it to become what it is today.

• Like 1

Forgot to add the bottom print pic is almost dog sized but where I was I'd battled through brambles and nettles, climbed down an embankment and they where under an under cut banking so doubt they are from a dog.

I can't tell from the pics mate. Not clear enough. But I can tell you that whole stretch is full of otter. :victory:

Yes very sorry the pics are pants I took them on my phone. There was an inaccessible spot and so paddled up I couldent even find a clear foot print to take a pic of! I don't know much about otters but it genuinely looked like what I'd expect from them.

good lad tom and brilliant thread well its made me get my fishing gear back out and clean it up ready for a outing now thanks for re igniting that cylinder

:)

If you can't find your rod it's in my garage ha ha!

good lad tom and brilliant thread well its made me get my fishing gear back out and clean it up ready for a outing now thanks for re igniting that cylinder

:)

If you can't find your rod it's in my garage ha ha!

ffs ive ordered another!!! my spinning rod?

Wondering I you guys can help me out, do any of you know where I might be able to get a barbel or decent chub from the Bradford City AA waters? I'm a fly and lure man mainly but have some stuff that I use for the odd bit of puddle chucking?

mate if you fancy join us on a trip sure our tom wont mind as long as you not like a jimmy savil or owt if you are will just use yiu for bait lol ju