River Aire Fish Passes!

I went down to the river Aire on Saturday for a look at the new fish passes that have been built....

0B00DEF7-9340-4FCA-B911-9C7B55349846_zps

98A5E505-7F07-4C81-AA2A-FBA50E47F712_zps

Eel board.......

CA0398C3-B622-4047-9A69-86A909ACB87E_zps

And the other.....

F70DA358-0D5A-48F3-A08C-8687CF508434_zps

Another eel board....

864EA07C-36D9-486E-A886-5489B44D7F0A_zps

It's so great to see! While fishing these wierpools you used to watch trout try jump up the wier all the time and have no chance of making it.

The ea have stocked barbel and eels in there too - superb to see the river getting the help it needs.

Dunno if anyone's interested but I thaught I'd put pics up and share my joy lol.

• Like 10

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went down to the river Aire on Saturday for a look at the new fish passes that have been built....       Eel board.......     And the other.....     Another eel board....    

A bit of revival of an old topic but I have to share the joy lol   I got a phone call from a mate who was fishing the aire and he caught 3 eels!!! So I shot down to see and here they are....    

i remember seeing fish trying to jump the weir at cas... i wasnt sure what they were, i was stuck on the bridge in traffic at the time. nice to see those pics tom .

Posted Images

It was a while ago now but the fish passes will no doubt help them move about...

http://m.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/latest-news/top-stories/thousands-of-eels-are-released-into-the-river-aire-1-2090699

And the barbel.....

http://www.gofishing.co.uk/Angling-Times/Section/News--Catches/General-News/Barbel-boost-for-River-Aire/

Iv caught barbel in the stretch in kirkstall from stockings.

Top river is the Aire, did you catch much in theese swims jdarcy?

I went down to the river Aire on Saturday for a look at the new fish passes that have been built....

0B00DEF7-9340-4FCA-B911-9C7B55349846_zps

98A5E505-7F07-4C81-AA2A-FBA50E47F712_zps

Eel board.......

CA0398C3-B622-4047-9A69-86A909ACB87E_zps

And the other.....

F70DA358-0D5A-48F3-A08C-8687CF508434_zps

Another eel board....

864EA07C-36D9-486E-A886-5489B44D7F0A_zps

It's so great to see! While fishing these wierpools you used to watch trout try jump up the wier all the time and have no chance of making it.

The ea have stocked barbel and eels in there too - superb to see the river getting the help it needs.

Dunno if anyone's interested but I thaught I'd put pics up and share my joy lol.

where abouts on the aire? i thought it was cas :hmm:

Fished all them spots some nice chub,thay did put ells in the river at the old shit beds at rodley,have seen otters to,in the top pic there's an island an there's a man made otter Holt on it

• Like 1

Fished all them spots some nice chub,thay did put ells in the river at the old shit beds at rodley,have seen otters to,in the top pic there's an island an there's a man made otter Holt on it

That's very interesting I wondered about that what is an otter Holt?

Cheers

Tom.

Some say thay had salmon out of air,going to give the air at Rodney a Good fish this year found some nice spots an seen alot of bubbling.

Sounds good, do you fish the stretch near the back of railway pub?

You are quite correct about the 'holt', but it is the worst example of a 'holt' you'll ever encounter, basically a plastic box with 4 foot of plastic pipe leading into it and I would say that it's never had an otter in it! :laugh: Lots of trout and chub on the river there but there's also billions of minnows. And there's always a hell of a lot of otter trade, should someone know what signs to look for. :victory:

I actually have photos of the fish passes being made, as well as other areas on the Aire.... :thumbs: They were made late last spring/early summer.

• Like 1