• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

amberjack on a 3lb livebait hell of a battle mutton snapper

birds mean fishshark on fly

a few caught on lures flies and livebaits going back some 25 yrs hardest fight from any fish ive had

have chartered big boats to chase wahoo and marlin and found it dead boring and a waste of money altho we got a wahoo few tuna and I lost a marlin I hate using 60lb to 100lb class tackle nothing compares to being out in the small boats with the locals the folk who realy know the shallows and the near drop offs , once got a local lad to take us out 0n a 45min run in a 16ft boston whaler to some offshore flats with a tiny island called fish cay never seen so many bone fish nothing big but in a number of 3,000 I spent most of the time catching bones one of the others had over 15 cudas off the beach , we collected a few conch stopped for an hour at a small cut caught a few snapper and headed back for dinner don't think that day out cost no more than 200 dollars most of it for fuel had a great bbq on the beach and a few beers that sort of fun you wont get on a big ocean boat we think / fishing with 8wt to 12wt fly rods, shimano 6500s and 3lb test rods/ bones and cudas never let you down with the fight small sharks are great on the fly as are jacks and snapper over 5lb are a hell of a fight , weve spent days chasing permit and tarpon and spent a few days trying to catch oceanic trigger fish on the flats and failed but you cant catch them all think takes more than one lifetime atb IMG_6836_zpstbjbwo8a.jpg

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 3

It is against the law to keep these pic's in the draw or cupboard, they must be shown on this site, :yes: it reminds me of looking at dirty books when i was a youngster, :laugh: so keep putting them up and i will be back in a minute or two. :laugh::thumbs:

I agree mate, the best thread for ages IMO

Brilliant tales and pics green lurcher... I'd bend your ear over a beer or 2 no worries lol

• Like 3

This has been a great thread and i have loved every pic, the story's must be brilliant stuff, you should have a think of doing an article for THL, maybe it could be pinned at the top of the fishing section, the pics of some great fish made me feel a bit daft when lure fishing for perch on a river in cheshire yesterday, i had 2 perch, the best went 1-12 but i could see your pics in my head of them cudda's and thought these perch are too small for even bait, but i still loved every minute of it, good luck and hope to see a article soon. :thumbs:

• Like 2

This has been a great thread and i have loved every pic, the story's must be brilliant stuff, you should have a think of doing an article for THL, maybe it could be pinned at the top of the fishing section, the pics of some great fish made me feel a bit daft when lure fishing for perch on a river in cheshire yesterday, i had 2 perch, the best went 1-12 but i could see your pics in my head of them cudda's and thought these perch are too small for even bait, but i still loved every minute of it, good luck and hope to see a article soon. :thumbs:

fishing is fishing BB I,l be honest and say that all that fishing abroad has been to the detriment of my fishing here in England I havnt fished for pike barbel zander chub and cast a fly at grayling or browns for many years but when I do go fishing its for gudgeon small roach and dace on a stick float with trotted maggot on small streams I love it , seem to have gone full circle in my 40 odd years of fishing thanks for all you lads comments and glad you like the pics , will get some more up soon cheers
  • Like 4

tuna on the fly a great adventure chasing the birds and baitballs off tampa caught ten to 9lb on 10wt with a white clouser minnow in half a day and got a few eaten by hammerhead sharks by the boat , spent a few hours looking for tarpon with no joy had a few casts at huge redfish crashing the bait shoals but the fly was refused , got some shots at snook under the mangroves but they wernt playing the game took my next generation out and got them bent into a few fish , they rekon it was the best day of their lives not bad for the computerised world they live in and he even wears me granddads old trilby out on the boat lol fl133_zpsd1083661.jpgfl001_zpsc282dd88.jpgfl155_zps1ba27427.jpgthink I was catching bleak on the river lea at their age fl174_zpsef5cfe28.jpgfl167_zpsf57dd32b.jpg

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 2

having spent over 21 days in total on a small island the wind dropped and we managed to get on the deep , eventually got into some dolphin on the fly , none of us had ever been put in the position of knowin what to do not even the locals , the deep drop fisherman took us out chasing birds once we hooked a dolphin on a popper we got one of the locals to hold the rod while the fish swam close to the boat within a min a dozen bulls and cows turned up in full colour , began chopping up 2 small snapper with a machete and chumming them onto the free offerings out came the fly rods and the action started after 6 or seven hook-ups we landed 5 on the fly rod one of the best 15 mins of fishing weve had after trying a few times 7f234444-234e-4cad-9aff-4db1b57cadfc_zps69e0d9ad-5879-431b-80d9-a3d13ae36473_zpsff0987ca-74f2-4007-96f7-578a1e750c47_zps43f6db3d-239c-488e-a5c7-cea205edb1a9_zps

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 4

It is against the law to keep these pic's in the draw or cupboard, they must be shown on this site, :yes: it reminds me of looking at dirty books when i was a youngster, :laugh: so keep putting them up and i will be back in a minute or two. :laugh::thumbs:

dug a few more out BB of fishing the baitballs , got to look for the white birds diving therel be the 1st on the scene the other birds will follow them to the action ,gun the boat to the head of the action get too close and it stops and the chance is over but with a 25 to 30yrd cast you might get a hook up ,then the tuna will rip 150yrd at least off your 10wt and the fight is on hell of a fight and highly addictive you might land a fish as the sharks aint far behind the action lol 5da050c7-a6f7-4dad-925b-40c781b93bc0_zps77cb1bcc-b4f9-4eef-9c05-566db5b10800_zpsef1b07a1-f968-4444-a1e5-5f7759fb278a_zpsfdbb05fc-2758-4a3d-87c9-6a1dc590323b_zpsdf960f86-e317-4e87-be46-bdc5abbf7dc4_zps
  • Like 2

quick vid of the guides I used doing there thing on there day off , I went there to try for tarpon but the temp dropped and they had moved on by the time I got there one of them things but he put me on tuna redfish and snook , aside from tarpon his buzz is bull sharks on the fly cant recommend them enough ,tarpon are my next quest and I still got a few miles on the clock to hook up atb https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq35cv2jJys

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 1