Pictures of your biggest ferrecting days

tony

Oh i know from expereience size its everything :laugh::laugh:

Then you best come out with me Kay :angel: .Our best is 45 in a morning .Had to be somewhere or it would have been more .Went back to finish the bankings week later but mixie had set in . :censored: Havnt worked out how to upload a print from the photo copier yet .Number of rabbits never recovered on that farm and come top think of it ,never seen numbers anywhere like it around us these days :thumbdown:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not about competition's for me.... it's getting out and doing it properly that count's and of coarse enjoying yourself in the proccess.. so number's dont realy appeal to me :thumbs: ..

Millet

I AGREE WITH CHALKWARREN AND MILLET WEVE HAD BIG BAGS 67 BEING OUR BEST BUT THATS UN A AREA WITH QUITE A FEW RABBITS ,WE STILL HAD TO WORK FOR THEM,BUT IF YOUR GROUND DOSENT HOLD LOTS OF RABBITS YOU WILL NEVER CATCH BIG BAGS, BUT THAT DOSENT MEAN THAT THE BIG BAG FERRETERS ARE BETTER THAN YOU, THEY ARE JUST LUCKY TO HAVE LARGE NUMBERS OF RABBITS ON THEIR GROUND,WE WOULD ALL LIKE BIG BAGS,.I HAD PLENTY OF FUN WITH A COUPLE OF FERRETS AND A DOZEN NETS WORKING SMALLHEDGEROW BURRIES AND CATCHING 5 OR 6 BIG BAGS ARE GREAT BUT ,DONT FEEL INFERIOR IF YOUR BAG IS SMALL.IF YOU HAVENT THE RABBITS YOU WONT CATCH THEM
]
It's not about competition's for me.... it's getting out and doing it properly that count's and of coarse enjoying yourself in the proccess.. so number's dont realy appeal to me :thumbs: ..

Millet

I AGREE WITH CHALKWARREN AND MILLET WEVE HAD BIG BAGS 67 BEING OUR BEST BUT THATS UN A AREA WITH QUITE A FEW RABBITS ,WE STILL HAD TO WORK FOR THEM,BUT IF YOUR GROUND DOSENT HOLD LOTS OF RABBITS YOU WILL NEVER CATCH BIG BAGS, BUT THAT DOSENT MEAN THAT THE BIG BAG FERRETERS ARE BETTER THAN YOU, THEY ARE JUST LUCKY TO HAVE LARGE NUMBERS OF RABBITS ON THEIR GROUND,WE WOULD ALL LIKE BIG BAGS,.I HAD PLENTY OF FUN WITH A COUPLE OF FERRETS AND A DOZEN NETS WORKING SMALLHEDGEROW BURRIES AND CATCHING 5 OR 6 BIG BAGS ARE GREAT BUT ,DONT FEEL INFERIOR IF YOUR BAG IS SMALL.IF YOU HAVENT THE RABBITS YOU WONT CATCH THEM

I agree with what you say but surely if you aint got the rabbits you would put the miles in and travel?? I know a lad that lived in darby used to drive to scotland to ferret.. I travel 50 mile round trips to my permission for a rew runs on rabbits and would go futher for big bags...

[i agree with what you say but surely if you aint got the rabbits you would put the miles in and travel?? I know a lad that lived in darby used to drive to scotland to ferret.. I travel 50 mile round trips to my permission for a rew runs on rabbits and would go futher for big bags...

Spot on mate , if you want sport you have to travel.I travel thousands of miles a year for my sport.People moan that they dont have the quarry but arent prepared to go out of there way and look for it. :doh:

='foxdropper' date='Nov 15 2007, 07:10 PM' post='343527']

Oh i know from expereience size its everything :laugh::laugh:

Then you best come out with me Kay :angel: .Our best is 45 in a morning .Had to be somewhere or it would have been more .Went back to finish the bankings week later but mixie had set in . :censored: Havnt worked out how to upload a print from the photo copier yet .Number of rabbits never recovered on that farm and come top think of it ,never seen numbers anywhere like it around us these days :thumbdown:

You would only take me out once :laugh::laugh: i talk , lots :laugh:

Spot on mate , if you want sport you have to travel.I travel thousands of miles a year for my sport.People moan that they dont have the quarry but arent prepared to go out of there way and look for it. :doh:

Myself ,I roll out of bed at a reasonable hour and decide which hedgerow to walk up today ,all within 10 miles of my house :clapper::clapper::clapper: lol..