Hi folks, just looking for some advice.

I would like to stalk a muntjac via a deer stalking agency.

What do I need to do this? I don't currently have an FAC, would I need one with appropriate cal., and would I need to state the intention to hunt deer with it?

Would I need to arrange some relevant insurance?

Thanks

J

The guide/ outfitter will have an estate rifle for you to use in most cases, no need for you to have fac with deer etc.

He will have his insurance in place but it's always good to get your own.

If you're looking for specifically muntjac, I would consider someone close to Norfolk or Bedfordshire.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Hi Jok! Had to put this on the back burner for the time being but definitely still after a muntjac. Might have to wait for after Xmas now as I doubt money will allow. I've been promising my lass an engagement ring so I best keep my word! I have some relatives in Peterborough so I might well travel down for a few days and see if I can set up a day stalking around oxford area while I'm at it is I understand they get some numbers of muntjac down there

• 1 year later...

Eh up son. Well I'll be damned. Both Derekand Colin took us out on Roe on the levels and Fallow at Stanstead. Seemed like a very pro organisation. No hiding vehicles or any of that malarkey. That's shocked me a bit. Jok.

Johnny Bravo. Nice couple of fallow and a mature Muntjac the other night. We seem to be getting more and more now in the unlikeliest of places. Took the dog out and was looking for wood blueits (mushrooms) and there were slots everywhere. Looking good for this winter. Jok.

Eh up son. Well I'll be damned. Both Derekand Colin took us out on Roe on the levels and Fallow at Stanstead. Seemed like a very pro organisation. No hiding vehicles or any of that malarkey. That's shocked me a bit. Jok.

I knew when I saw thw name mentioned I had heard of him and then I came across that article and remembered this thread.

Dodgy f****r by the sounds of things.

I know a guy from the Fc I might ask him if he knows him

It's quite a while ago since I saw them both. We brought home 11 carcasses and 1 medal head. Colin always seemed to be the brains whilst Derek was the guy to go to regarding where and [BANNED TEXT]. He was very knowledgeable. Also, a very nice guy with a very nice family. Stayed at his house for a week while changing all his doors and windows. Can't quite believe that was 8 years ago. Jok,.