Ivermectin For Mange

Do not use ivermectin or noromectin! I would use some very dilluted sheep dip and when i say very i meen very dilluted. And make sure it doesnt get it in its eyes ears or mouth. You need a license to buy sheep dip but if you ask a local farmer for some nicely he may give you some.

why not? Ive been using for 2years with no problems

Lots of terrier men have been using Ivomec etc etc for years.. but I have heard a few stories about Lurchers with the heavy collie gene in the blood having problems and bad reactions to it. Easy!

Advocate works for Mange mite/ear mites and all the other nasties including worms..so its a winner for me...Unfortunately the price from my local vets is crippling me with 3 dogs to sort...Anyone can point me to a seller of the stuff at working mans prices...Please please do so.

exactly why i use ivermec and at that i get a generic copy at 15 quid a bottle and 1bottle dose all 5 of my dogs and 4of my mates for a year!! Worms mange the lot. Just rember not to use on collie heavy breeds. I have used on a quarted collie lurcher with no problems and wouldnt chance a dog with any more collie that a quarter Edited by chris87

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Advocate dose the job get it from dog tracks or online

since i started using ivermec 2years ago i havent seen any mange. I use injectiable and give up to .5ml for terriers depending on size and up to 1ml for big lurchers. I always start out with a .1 or .

I got a put awhile back that was riddled with mange I used sheep dip on her after a week the hair was starting to grow back

Posted Images

I'm going to try the pour on solution in the morning after i bath him until benzyl benzoate comes, should i do this regularly, should i give the dosage as stated (1ml per 10kg) 4.5ml. should i treat once or multiple times until it clears?

I use 1ml per 25kl ivomectin injectable cattle sheep pig solution may Alsatian birch gets done twic maybe three times A yr don't forget it don't kill tapeworms. Treat alternatively for them , i put the ivomectin in food works a treat used it for time . Ferrets have a spot a 2 also and the birds .atb bunnys.

read what graham ber says about ivermectin 0.8% sheep drench he is a vet and greyhound trainer, and has used it for years at 1ml for 4 kilo

read what graham ber says about ivermectin 0.8% sheep drench he is a vet and greyhound trainer, and has used it for years at 1ml for 4 kilo

i mean graham beh

Do not use ivermectin or noromectin! I would use some very dilluted sheep dip and when i say very i meen very dilluted. And make sure it doesnt get it in its eyes ears or mouth. You need a license to buy sheep dip but if you ask a local farmer for some nicely he may give you some.

why not? Ive been using for 2years with no problems

Lots of terrier men have been using Ivomec etc etc for years.. but I have heard a few stories about Lurchers with the heavy collie gene in the blood having problems and bad reactions to it.

Advocate works for Mange mite/ear mites and all the other nasties including worms..so its a winner for me...Unfortunately the price from my local vets is crippling me with 3 dogs to sort...Anyone can point me to a seller of the stuff at working mans prices...Please please do so.

i got prescribed ivermectin for demadex mites which did the job now the dog has advocate once a month to keep it away as he has a low immune system this has done the job it cost 12 quid for the advocate from my vets and u do need a prescription but my vet told me it's cheaper online he writes me a prescription out and I scan it send it to the online vet pharmacy it works out half the price six months from online cost same as three months from our vets

I use ivomer Classic, Ivormectin is the ingredient that will be found in various treatments for different animals... The stuff I use is applied the same way as spot on is applied and the difference can be seen in a week! Although a good few years ago a vet treated a terrier I had with a fortnightly injection and the difference was obvious after the 3rd day... b*****d wouldn't give me the name of the stuff but he mentioned it had Ivormectin!! It can be dangerous to dogs if overdosed but little goes a long way anyway

post-40585-0-05698900-1434917248_thumb.jpg

First of all, it takes up to two weeks to eradicate the mange mite, then maybe another fortnight for the hair to start growing back properly. Ivermec is not licensed for use on dogs in this country. However, 1ml is alot, in fact for a dog that size I would be thinking .5 ml, per dog, NOT per 10kg. However, why not use Advocate from the vets?

s I said in previous post advocate I used it and worked a treat think it cost me £35 from vets but it will cost £50 for skin scrapings but well worth it plus if u get a unwanted call from rspca least u can proof u have been to vets atb bradus

• Like 1