A Confession And Request For Advice

Had a r10 , nice gun , large shot count , great of a bi pod , but found it not to be a very pointable gun , that was a VC model.

Sold it and the feed back i had of him later, said the same as me . Only sold it to fund a Daystate Regal , what a very big mistake ,should of sent the r10 of to XTX Air and have a tune , shorter barrel and one of his shrouds .

So my choice would be HW100 any format :yes: :yes: :thumbs:

Thanks VM. Seems the Rapid might be the way to go...

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who ever gives a opinion, will allways edge on the side of what they own ! If they didn't then they wouldn't fecin Own what they have got Fuc I'm confused my self now ! Just buy a caterpult , a

HW100 all day long

Yes you right for once - i am a grandad and i love kids, but not cheeky kids , now be quiet its past your bedtime shhhhh ! If your a good lad i`ll send you a story about a HW 100

Posted Images

I must confess I never really liked BSA guns. I always found them to be a little 'rougher' around the edges, less refined, etc than other guns. This opinion was based on their springers, from about 30 years ago. They certainly had charm, but were not refined in any real way.

When I started out, I shot with a Webley Vulcan and then a tuned MK II HW80. The HW was streets ahead of what my mates had back then (a hodge-podge of guns and lots of BSA springers). My HW was better than my shooting buddies Theoben Sirocco (IMO) and anything BSA was doing at the time. No contest in my eyes. However, I think this may have biased me (unfairly) against BSA guns in the here and now. They have never really been on my radar but they are still with us and lots of you use them.

Next year, I may plunge for a larger shot count than my S410s give me, just to give me options for the field (yes, I have springers as well....). I've been pondering a BSA MK II r10, or a Theoben MK II Rapid. I'd like to ask those of you that may have owned these, either both models, or one of them a few questions. I'm not going to ask a stupid question like 'which is best' - because these questions are pointless, but I would like to ask you to be objective and honest.

So, in your opinion, how good are modern BSA PCPs (forget springers - the AAs are best - no argument for me on that)? What's the difference between a MK I and a MK II r10? I've been told the r10 gives around 180 shots, would you agree that's what you get in the field? Consistency? Engineering? Common problems? Gripes?

The Theoben MK II rapid? Pros, cons? A much larger shot count, but anything else? Is it worth the stretch? if you are living and working with these guns, how easy are they to live and work with? If you own a Daystate, don't reply...... :laugh: :laugh:

PS - Mark, please don't suggest a HW100....I don't like them....no offence... :thumbs:

Come on DR.b you left your self open to all the banter with that comment

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

:thumbs: :thumbs: .....I know I know..... :laugh:

EDIT - I was expecting more backlash from the Gaystate crew....but I guess they're all down the gun shop getting repairs..... :cray:

Edited by Dr B
  • Like 3

:thumbs: :thumbs: .....I know I know..... :laugh:

EDIT - I was expecting more backlash from the Gaystate crew....but I guess they're all down the gun shop getting repairs..... :cray:

:clapper::rofl: :rofl:

your on form to day bud :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1