Prices Of German Short Haired Pointers

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

must be fully trained and not just a pup. Surely you could buy a pup for way less after all training your own pup is most of the fun.

£700 to £8oo is the normal price for most of the HPR breeds

look them up you'll see what they cost. All well bred gundog be it cockers, labs ,hpr's are all £700 + a pup. You can buy any bred for less but do your homework buy from tested parents. Yes you'll pay

Around the £700 mark.

must be fully trained and not just a pup. Surely you could buy a pup for way less after all training your own pup is most of the fun.
look them up you'll see what they cost. All well bred gundog be it cockers, labs ,hpr's are all £700 + a pup. You can buy any bred for less but do your homework buy from tested parents. Yes you'll pay more but there's a lot bigger chance them making the grade. They'll be loads cheaper bred by people breeding them for money.
  • Like 1

Around the £700 mark.

look them up you'll see what they cost. All well bred gundog be it cockers, labs ,hpr's are all £700 + a pup. You can buy any bred for less but do your homework buy from tested parents. Yes you'll pay more but there's a lot bigger chance them making the grade. They'll be loads cheaper bred by people breeding them for money.

I paid £400 for my Lab off a bloke who trialled labs flat out. Her mother was a Field trial award winner but not a champion at the time. I'm not sure if this has changed.

The bloke was genuine, a great help, and also had several 1-1 lessons on gundog training with me totally free of charge.

£700+ for a pup to me is someone breeding for money, not the bloke who breeds the litter cos he truly believes the dog is special, and keeps a pup back for his own kennel (as mine did).

• Like 1

Around the £700 mark.

I paid £400 for my Lab off a bloke who trialled labs flat out. Her mother was a Field trial award winner but not a champion at the time. I'm not sure if this has changed.

The bloke was genuine, a great help, and also had several 1-1 lessons on gundog training with me totally free of charge.

£700+ for a pup to me is someone breeding for money, not the bloke who breeds the litter cos he truly believes the dog is special, and keeps a pup back for his own kennel (as mine did).[/quote I agree big thug how can you say a lad is in it for money selling for 400 and the lad selling for 800 is not, the only reason it's 800 is theres papers but I never seen papers set a bird yet

• Like 1

Around the £700 mark.

£700+ for a pup to me is someone breeding for money, not the bloke who breeds the litter cos he truly believes the dog is special, and keeps a pup back for his own kennel (as mine did).[/quote I agree big thug how can you say a lad is in it for money selling for 400 and the lad selling for 800 is not, the only reason it's 800 is theres papers but I never seen papers set a bird yet

I'm a full time keeper never charged for my pups at all. Got cockers all over on a agreement I get a pup back if there bred. I'm not talking about paying top money from the bloke advertising in the local rag. I'm talking about paying top money from the men at the top who are winning year in year out. I paid £650. 7 years ago for my gwp bitch . I've had 1 litter out of her to keep a pup back. But if I wanted another one I wouldn't hesitate at paying again from the top stuff. What I'm getting at is I'd rather pay that £2-300 more knowing I've got the right bred dogs than paying cheap getting crap. I'm not talking about gundog what go out once a week . We shoot 5 days a week all the way through the season. As for my terriers and lurchers there isn't a penny change hands all gifted to each other. But the gundog world is totally different to the terrier and lurcher world in my honest opinion.yis

That's a crazy price for a gsp or any hpr breed that is a greedy person in my eyes I've had HPR breeds for a while now vislas gwp English pointers and have never paid over 350 for one even got a English for nowt get yourself around shooting men particularly the ones who count grouse or hill keepers they will nearly always want to do a deal with yourself I.e a pup back in years to come or a few studs from a dog this 700 mark is utter madness gone are the days when I was young pups went for nowt or a few pints through friends in my opinion though forget a gsp and get a pointer lab pick them up for buttons and twice the dog of any hpr breed I find

Seen some cracking looking dogs that have went for huge money but can't work to save themselves it's all very well saying pay for what you get thinking it's going to be better like I said seen some real shite dogs the ones that run backwards wagging there head that where bought for 6/700 pound then There's the little man who paid 300 for his and its twice the dog because he put the time into it when it was young money doesn't make a dog better the owner does

You can put all the time you want into a dog but if it hasn't got the right make up it will never make owt that's just my opinion that's go's for any type of dog . If it was me buying a dog I'd do my research I'd want a dog out of top working parents grandparents etc and from good hip elbows eyes scores etc . these cost a lot of money to get these test done it takes a lot of time and effort and money getting the dogs trained and to trials to prove them selves etc . So why people say it's to much money is beyond me

• Like 1