Can I Have Everyone's Opinions On 4X4's For Around 3K And 7K

I'm a big Landrover fan and owned a few they are absolutely un touchable off road and very good looking however you carnt knock the reliability of a jap 4x4 for work/pleasure

As you know tom I do love my landys but since owning jap don't think I'd go back mine high millage but only time I lift bonnet is to service and so comfortable on long drives the turning circle aside they drive like cars

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whatever you get a 4x4 is only as good as the tyres its on .

j      

All else aside, one thing is for sure, they are not, never have been and unless they do something in the future, they are not a joy to drive.

Posted Images

Shitty landrover! How dare you lol.

I'd look for a landrover 90 on a galv chassais with a 200 tdi engine. Simple and very cheap to fix! hold their value and are a joy to drive.

I used to be a Landy mechanic Tom, they are the biggest pile of junk on the road, without exception.

• Like 1

I'd look for a landrover 90 on a galv chassais with a 200 tdi engine. Simple and very cheap to fix! hold their value and are a joy to drive.

I used to be a Landy mechanic Tom, they are the biggest pile of junk on the road, without exception.
Hi Charlie caller I know you did - and mines drove me insane sometimes to be honest ha! Ha! but for some reason I keep fixing it and keep loving it.

Apart from when im laid under it in the dark getting my hands cut to shreds and eyes full of sh!te while fixing it so I can get to work for 6am the next day can sometimes test your patience. But apart from that they are great lol.

That is just the thing with them, you change everything,rebuild stuff and 6 months later it goes wrong again,pattern parts are so shi*e, I once put (and I sh*t you not) 6 water pumps on a diesel s111 fine for a week or so then leaking again, finally I put a second hand one on from a scrap engine, and the annoying thing is they always break down when you need them most, I can remember being laid in the snow, mending/welding the fu*king thing, just when you should be driving it, oh no it breaks down :icon_eek: the only way I would have another is as a toy, something with a big v8 lump in, but as a daily driver, forget it,the only thing I can say is when I was mending other peoples, I was never without work, a steady stream of dejected people rolling up with the latest tale of woe :D

• Like 1

All else aside, one thing is for sure, they are not, never have been and unless they do something in the future, they are not a joy to drive.

• Like 2

OK jap stuff is good but because they have that reputation they can be neglected as seen on this forum (had mine for years and never done nowt to it)Landys defenders are agricultural tractors but as I have said before proper servicing can and will keep most motors on the road if you buy a pup of a vehicle weather it's a jap or landy it still will be a pup so my advice is take someone who knows what to look for in a second hand vehicle even if you have to pay them it could save you lots of heartache and money.

• Like 1

Don't know I got a right smile on my face when driving a old Landy they do have a lot of charm until they break then u hate it while fixing it then it puts smile back on your face then it breaks so on and so on lol .......

I drove my mstese 110 pick up again yesterday. Brakes shit.gearing shit.seat position shit.no room for right arm between door.cabin noise shit......and having all other landy drivers waving.

I drove my mstese 110 pick up again yesterday. Brakes shit.gearing shit.seat position shit.no room for right arm between door.cabin noise shit......and having all other landy drivers waving.

I hope you waved back?

I hope you waved back?
No.
  • Like 1

He wont have been able to waive, he will have been far too busy trying to control the steering veering all over the road, the ones that waived at him will have been stationary, BROKEN DOWN :tongue2:

Your right their.steering all over the place.I think the wave means. "Yes mate my backs killing me too'

• Like 1