EXIF DATA in photographs.

When posting photographs, please remove all the "exif data" from them BEFORE posting. Exif data is embedded in photographs, and tells viewers when, what time and with what camera etc... the pictures were taken.

You can remove the data by "saving for web" in programs such as Photoshop, or, there is a free download available here:

http://www.opanda.com/en/iexif/download.htm

This will edit and remove the data also.

To use you must download BOTH parts of the program, or just the "power exif program"

When ready, click "open" choose your picture, then click "edit" now click "remove exif" click yes and then confirm.

Thanks

Dawn.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

THE ONLY THING ITS ILLEGAL TO POST A PIC OF IN G.B IS A DOG ON A BADGER EVERYTHING ELSE IS LEGIT IF YOU CAN EXPLAIN HOW THE ANIMAL CAME TO BE KILLED IF IT WAS A SHOT FOX HARE OR DEER THE DOG IS ALLOWE

can you tell us WHY????????

info giving time,day,what camera, where,who,year,centuary, if someone wants to get all that from my pic's, their welcome

I wondered the same meself :laugh:

Its quite simple WHY?

Dawn is trying to stop people putting up incriminating pictures of themselves and their friends, after the hunting ban.All the info the authorities need is stored on the pic, unless you remove it.She is trying to do you a favour.

Its quite simple WHY?

Dawn is trying to stop people putting up incriminating pictures of themselves and their friends, after the hunting ban.All the info the authorities need is stored on the pic, unless you remove it.She is trying to do you a favour.

maybe that should have been posted in the first post then, to allow readers to understand the post/topic properly, and maybe added that it was for pre ban stuff,

that way, people like myself, who only ever hunt rabbits, would not feel the post was a little o.t.t

:laugh: Yeah Ive got the flu and Im sticking to my resolve of not slagging APW and her family so I gotta have someone to take it out on :laugh:

Sorry Dawn :icon_redface::laugh:

And you, your bloody worse :tongue2: You put up some cracking pics and posts and then they self destruct after 15 secs grrrrr :boxing::laugh:

I dont know why Dawn is so worried she never posts any pics of her dogs working anyway :laugh:

Maybe I care about people who share the same interests as myself?? I could of just ignored it couldnt I and left you none the wiser, but Im not like that! :no: Given the amount of antis that get in, I thought it was the right thing to do, whether you choose to ignore it is up to yourselves. Ian B asked me to post the thread as I pm'd him because I was concerned given recent threads, so I did as he asked.

No the data cannot be retrieved once its been removed.

maybe that should have been posted in the first post then, to allow readers to understand the post/topic properly, and maybe added that it was for pre ban stuff,

that way, people like myself, who only ever hunt rabbits, would not feel the post was a little o.t.t

I didnt imagine it would require an in depth explanation. :rolleyes: I thought it was self explanatory.

Its quite simple WHY?

Thanks Baldie, thats exactly what I was trying to do.

quote;

I didnt imagine it would require an in depth explanation. I thought it was self explanatory.

no it was not, thats why more than just myself asked, it came across as a moderator telling us we all needed to do it,

rather than just those that may or maynot be doing something wrong...

but, its been explained now thanks to the replies