Bellman And Flint Collar

Right lads, I was just checking threw my gear there and doing a bit of tidying etc.bought new batteries for my old B&F pieps box and collar for the up and coming season and I noticed the plastic around the collar and rubber seal have seen better days. The plastic would need replaced has multiple bite marks etc. and the rubber o ring is just done, to be honest it broke in my hand. I went and got a new o ring but after checking out the B&F website looking a new plastic casing and a new collar I see they don't have spares like that for sale anymore? The only collar for sale is for the rechargeable transmitter though I'm not sure if it is the same dimensions of the battery powered one I have. They've obviously stopped trading in the pieps box too because they are temporarily out of stock on all that gear. Only the new kits are available. How do I go about getting a replacement collar and casing? Thanks in advance.

Edited by THE GENERAL

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Get some new collars ;-)

Thanks for that SS, very informative read there. I came across collars you had made for the Ortovox D1 and I have to say they did look a neat job.

That was the appeal of the Ortovox transmitter, simple, tough and reliable ... Until the thickos got hold of them and started putting 12v camera batteries in them

Ive asked and asked, gave up and bought the new one in the end.

So there's no available spares Columbo? Oh dear. Lol. Good way to do business, close all other doors so you have no choice only to upgrade. Edited by THE GENERAL

I was told the new collars dont work with the old box,is this true as i have lost my ortovox collar and it worked with all the avalanche transeivers,could anyone shed some light on this, wf

They all work on the same frequency as far as I know, so should work without any problem.
  • Like 1

Right lads, I was just checking threw my gear there and doing a bit of tidying etc.bought new batteries for my old B&F pieps box and collar for the up and coming season and I noticed the plastic around the collar and rubber seal have seen better days. The plastic would need replaced has multiple bite marks etc. and the rubber o ring is just done, to be honest it broke in my hand. I went and got a new o ring but after checking out the B&F website looking a new plastic casing and a new collar I see they don't have spares like that for sale anymore? The only collar for sale is for the rechargeable transmitter though I'm not sure if it is the same dimensions of the battery powered one I have. They've obviously stopped trading in the pieps box too because they are temporarily out of stock on all that gear. Only the new kits are available. How do I go about getting a replacement collar and casing? Thanks in advance.

I will have the same problem soon,will have to try and tape up the old casing for as long as it lasts.Any suggestions??

I was told the new collars dont work with the old box,is this true as i have lost my ortovox collar and it worked with all the avalanche transeivers,could anyone shed some light on this, wf

They all work on the same frequency as far as I know, so should work without any problem.

The bnf box and ortovox collar actually work better,more accurate than the bnf set,we use both without any probs.

The bnf box and ortovox collar actually work better,more accurate than the bnf set,we use both without any probs.
What Ortovox collar do you use Fatman? I was looking online for them there seems only a few sites sell them and mostly they are in German. Was looking at the D1 but they seem to be discontinued, I didn't have much luck. Seems like a rechargeable B&F collar is on the cards. Edited by THE GENERAL

Am no expert ... But I did have a little to do with Ortovox gear a few years back.

The dog transmitter, transmits on the 457 frequency, BUT am sure there was a change to the rate at which it transmits to make it possible to differentiate between a dog and a person, for example the human version transmitted a ping say 100 times a second, the dog one was maybe 50.

Am sure from memory this was the reason that Underground Terrrier website stopped selling them, well that and the amount of fecking messers that used to email him 27 times a day "definitely" buying a set only to disappear into the ether when it was time to pay :rolleyes:

Useful blog post:

http://www.facewest.co.uk/facewestblog/2014/03/13/avalanche-transceivers-and-terrier-location/

• Like 1

Am no expert ... But I did have a little to do with Ortovox gear a few years back.

The dog transmitter, transmits on the 457 frequency, BUT am sure there was a change to the rate at which it transmits to make it possible to differentiate between a dog and a person, for example the human version transmitted a ping say 100 times a second, the dog one was maybe 50.

Am sure from memory this was the reason that Underground Terrrier website stopped selling them, well that and the amount of fecking messers that used to email him 27 times a day "definitely" buying a set only to disappear into the ether when it was time to pay :rolleyes:

Useful blog post:

http://www.facewest.co.uk/facewestblog/2014/03/13/avalanche-transceivers-and-terrier-location/

Thanks for that SS, very informative read there. I came across collars you had made for the Ortovox D1 and I have to say they did look a neat job.
  • Like 2