Just seen what looked like a smallish green parrot on my feeders i remember there being a topic on here some time ago about a similar bird that folk were saying are becoming more popular in the wild.......could someone tell me what it was ?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Isn't it ironic that you have native birds in your aviary an foreign birds in your gardens

That was great thanks for posting that Bosun,i cant believe how many there are.....thats definately 100% what it was.......think i,ll be putting more nuts on the feeder in future.   So thats another

I head over to Walthamstow most days anyway......but i would of had a couple more hours in the feather if it wasnt for your tricks

I did think it could be a pet it flew up into a tree and just sat there.....i was about to go and get a ladder as id convinced myself it must be a pet but it flew off never to be seen again.....then i remembered a topic on here from a while back.

I did think it could be a pet it flew up into a tree and just sat there.....i was about to go and get a ladder as id convinced myself it must be a pet but it flew off never to be seen again.....then i remembered a topic on here from a while back.

I stay a mile or so from the nearest village and a cockatiel turned up. Was a strange thing to see and hear.

I guess it was a sparrow-hawks lunch soon after.

That was great thanks for posting that Bosun,i cant believe how many there are.....thats definately 100% what it was.......think i,ll be putting more nuts on the feeder in future.

So thats another " first " for me as i saw my first wild Goldie in the garden last week i cant work out if my garden has suddenly become more attractive to birds or i just havent been paying enough attention :D....good stuff anyway.

• Like 3

Gnash there's a few hundred pairs in the forest now mate.

You see them every morning at sunrise coming of Walthamstow reservoirs.

Had a few pairs in the garden the other winter.

They have been about since the late 60s.

Gnash there's a few hundred pairs in the forest now mate.

You see them every morning at sunrise coming of Walthamstow reservoirs.

Had a few pairs in the garden the other winter.

They have been about since the late 60s.

Read some were they are decended from birds that escaped from one of the film studios in the 60s.