Catching Rats Using Ferrets

Hi there,

I am a big fan of animals, having two cats but unfortunately they are not able to help me with my problem now.

Unfortunately, we are having rats in the ceiling between the ground floor flat and first floor flat. We discussed with our neighbours that we try to find the best solution and I think it would be the best to have ferrets hunting down some of them and scarring the rest to move. I believe they recently had a nest in a deeper ceiling area but the small ones moved on. Still making quite a lot of noise.

Would anyone be interested in coming here and helping us out with providing his/her furry friend to hunt them down in West London?

Of course, I would appreciate your efforts with the fee we discuss.

Thank you very much for reading my request!

Judit

I don't want to poison them as when they die, they will leave a very bad smell and mark on the ceiling. But if they are attacked by a ferrett, they will definitely move away, I know it from previous experience that is why I would prefer this...

• Like 2

Ferrets will evict them surely but not permanently.you must find where rats are entering and address that too.once that's done you'll pick up the rest in traps very quickly. Don't use the poison in the house .they'll leave surely to find a water source but believe me a sick rat wants back to the shelter of your home.

Kennt

Your no going to get anybody offering to ferret a flat , your saying between ground floor and first floor how many other floors are there ?. you put a ferret in there and you might never see it again . As said poison or traps

Once they have had a good dose of poison and die they will mummify with the heat in the building and i dont think you will smell anything

• Like 1

Hi there,

I am a big fan of animals, having two cats but unfortunately they are not able to help me with my problem now.

Unfortunately, we are having rats in the ceiling between the ground floor flat and first floor flat. We discussed with our neighbours that we try to find the best solution and I think it would be the best to have ferrets hunting down some of them and scarring the rest to move. I believe they recently had a nest in a deeper ceiling area but the small ones moved on. Still making quite a lot of noise.

Would anyone be interested in coming here and helping us out with providing his/her furry friend to hunt them down in West London?

Of course, I would appreciate your efforts with the fee we discuss.

Thank you very much for reading my request!

Judit

dont use ferrets for this mate its not good for them they are not rat killers

Thank you for your answers! I don't really know what to do now reading your replies. This is a small house with 2 groundfloor and 2 first floor flats. The flats are small 2 bedroom ones. I could not hear them recently. I believe they had a nest in a part of the ceiling which is lower. At about half a metre high. They might move on. I read that rats and mice hate the smell of peppermint oil which we will use in the first step...