Cheek Pad / Comb Raise Solutions

Hi all,

I am the proud owner of a Brno mod 2e zkm in .22lr flavour. She is used and I picked her up for a bargain price. The barrel has been shortened to 16" and threaded for mod. At present I have a harris 6-9 bipod fitted and a Walther 3-9x40 IR scope fitted. She still shoots 1/2" groups at 85 yards and probably with practice even tighter. My ownly gripe is the hogsback stock. I am really struggling with eye relief / cheek weld. I know there are many, many options and solutions on the market, but what is general opinion on the best value.

I'm sure this question has possibly been asked before if so I apologise. Maybe new solutions have come to market. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Before you go for a permanent solution, i.e. cutting the stock, try the simple method I use. A length of water pipe insulation fitted over the stock then carved to shape to fit your face. If you get it wrong just try another piece.

I fasten mine with sticky tape to the stock then slip a neoprene sleeve over for a long term job.

Mine are cut for left handed use.

post-94065-0-34780600-1433193540_thumb.jpg

post-94065-0-78873900-1433193551_thumb.jpg

post-94065-0-87837500-1433193637_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice. I really do not want to chop the stock. Its verging on antique! It would be a shame to ruin something like that. The insulation idea looks like a go-er though. At least it cheap and doesnt damage the gun. Does any one else have experience of the lace on / velcro options and neoprene sleeves? Beartooth and tourbon seem to make them.

Thanks Ian that looks goo too. Especially as youve personally tried it out. However there doesnt seem to be any uk stockists. Do you know where your mate got it from? Very tempted by the Tourbon recommended by Hutchey.

Thanks Ian i have found the actual one listed on amazon under vodoo tactical. But the reviews are mixed. I think I am going to give your suggestion a whirl. I'll post pics and updates.

Thanks for all the help gentlemen.

I used a solution similar to Cedric.

A short length of foam pipe lagging, held in place with a few bits of duct tape, all covered with a roll of camo gun wrap tape. Cost about 3 quid and works a treat....

Edited by Blackbriar
  • Like 1

The pipe lagging solution is cheap but i cant see it lasting for long. Do you have to repeat repair it often? The other stuff is high density foam. It should last quite a while. Though I admit 3 quid better than 17.

The pipe lagging solution is cheap but i cant see it lasting for long. Do you have to repeat repair it often? The other stuff is high density foam. It should last quite a while. Though I admit 3 quid better than 17.

I think your description of it is better than mine, but this is the stuff I used....

http://www.diy.com/departments/climaflex-pipe-insulation-l1m-dia22mm/26874_BQ.prd

I'm sure I only paid 80 or 90p for a length. I cut off a few inches and sat it on top of the stock (its already slit down its length). Few bits of duct tape and a cheap roll of camp tape off FleaBay. Ta dah !

Its been on about a year, and I've only ever had to reposition the camp tape.

Edited by Blackbriar
  • Like 1

Ooh now your tempting me. To be honest i'd rather spend 17 quid on some decent ammo and bash some crows. May well pop down to B&Q tomorrow and have a play. I've got some decent camo tape in the kit bag already! Again, thanks for the advice. I posted the topic and you all have not let me down. Lots of good different suggestions to the problem. Cheers.