Wildcat Evolution First Impressions

just parted with my dosh and purchased a wildcat evolution mod for my 223 with 224 stack.

first impressions it a good bit lighter than the p8 and very well made by the look.

just not sure how quiet it is against the jetzcqb anyone done a direct compassion as I sold my jetz a while back.

Edited by riflehunter583

If my memory serves me correctly the Evolution has been around about 5 years, and is indeed an evolution of the P8.

The P8 (Compact) works for me, sound moderation is fine on my P8's but size and weight could be better.

There is more than a suggestion the Evolution addresses size and weight issues, but there is also a suggestion that sound moderation isn't as good!

My problem is, over all this time I have never actually heard one or seen a review I could trust, so.........

Anyone got one (or more), I have P8 Compacts on my .223, .243 and .308, I would love to do a side by side comparison with your Evolution mods, I'm in Reading but travel the route to Oxford quite often, if you are anywhere close by please give me a shout!

Cheers!

:thumbs:

I looked at one of those a while back and it seemed somehow sort of fragile compared to the P8. Let us know what it's like in action. :thumbs:

its still got a bit of weight to it on its front end. back end /over barrel bit is very light compared to the p8. overall its shorter and thinner. been told sound reduction is about the same on p8 vs evo. was kinda hoping it would be quieter than the p8 on 223 considering its got ten front baffles compared to 8 on the p8.P5290212_zpsbpkq2n98.jpg

Edited by riflehunter583

Should have just bought a PES and had done with it :D

what you been smoking Charlie boy, pes is a heavy as a tank

Oh yes sorry forgot your only small and weedy :tongue2:

i'll have a fiver that I win an arm wrestle old man :laugh:

You are on my lovely, unless you meant against my four year old, care to make it five grand? :tongue2:

• Like 1