ADVICE PLEASE

NIGHTSHADOW

Guest shaheen
Well a leash can get caught on a lipped bath like on a wrongly designed Bow perch catching on the sides, plus the mew's jesse's can stradle the edges of the bath bin lid bath etc then broken feather's etc .Rounded edges prevent snagging of the the leash!!!.

And ive seen other peoples results with broken decks and bateing hawks tipping up baths...........

post-9533-1194900655.jpg

Shaheen

obviously yes use the right stuff from the start as its obviously better that a bin lid by all accounts, i have used propa baths all the time and always will do,

all im saying is that a bin lid will do the job provided.

but each to there own !

Ok,what hawk you hunt with and how many seasons just out of interest as im real nosey!

Cheers

Shaheen

enough seasons to offer good advise i think ;) at the moment i have a harris hawk i have also had kestrels and muskets and various long wings, also worked with various birds from gloden eagals to pigmy owls !

You flown a Goldie then?..interesting :hmm:Pygmy owls too?

Shaheen

Edited by shaheen

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well a leash can get caught on a lipped bath like on a wrongly designed Bow perch catching on the sides, plus the mew's jesse's can stradle the edges of the bath bin lid bath etc then broken feather's etc .Rounded edges prevent snagging of the the leash!!!.

And ive seen other peoples results with broken decks and bateing hawks tipping up baths...........

post-9533-1194900655.jpg

Shaheen

obviously yes use the right stuff from the start as its obviously better that a bin lid by all accounts, i have used propa baths all the time and always will do,

but each to there own !

Ok,what hawk you hunt with and how many seasons just out of interest as im real nosey!

Cheers

Shaheen

enough seasons to offer good advise i think ;) at the moment i have a harris hawk i have also had kestrels and muskets and various long wings, also worked with various birds from gloden eagals to pigmy owls !

You flown a Goldie then?..interesting :hmm:

never said i had flown a golden eagal did i !

Guest shaheen

post-9533-1194900655.jpg

Shaheen

but each to there own !

Cheers

Shaheen

So how did you work with it then???? :hmm:

post-9533-1194900655.jpg

Shaheen

but each to there own !

Cheers

Shaheen

So how did you work with it then???? :hmm:

i have worked at a center

Guest shaheen
shaheen has your goldie killed anything in this season yet :hmm::hmm::hmm::icon_eek:

Just waiting for the two centre decks to grow so i can place my transmitter on Arnie,like most of the austringers with 1st/2nd year eagles my season will start about December.But everyone knows that dont they?,plus he's a 1lb to loose in weight & you cant cut it down drastic with them.

Shaheen

Edited by shaheen
shaheen has your goldie killed anything in this season yet :hmm::hmm::hmm::icon_eek:

Just waiting for the two centre decks to grow so i can place my transmitter on Arnie,like most of the austringers with 1st/2nd year eagles my season will start about December.But everyone knows that dont they?,plus he's a 1lb to loose in weight & you cant cut it down drastic with them.

Shaheen

so your takeing the piss when saying you have only been in to it for 5 mins ?

Guest shaheen

Shaheen

dont you fly any other birds then :hmm::blink::hmm:

Let's just say im going to concentrate on "him",at the mo i spend an hour a day with him on an extra long creance with him chasing either a whole rabbit/hare pelt with the head attached or him chasing a whole roe lure and just getting him fit,i find whilst im out in the field hawking i spend about 3hrs out and so all my efforts will be put into my golden(which will start in Dec).

How people can fly a team of birds and still work beats me? :hmm: ,id rather just have 1 star performer than an "average" team,even lads i know that do it for a living tell me that.

Shaheen

Edited by shaheen
Guest shaheen

Shaheen

Erm...........YES.. :bye:

Shaheen

Erm...........YES.. :bye:

got ya ! crack on then bud!

Edited by out_hawking
john go to B&Q get one of the plastic plant holders [garden section]............

:clapper: yep thats the one nightshadow! Focus Do It All or any of the Garden centres will have what you're looking for for less than quarter of the price from a equipment supplier, these are the one's I use in the aviaries for all the birds! I brought in a Hatfull a good few years back for about £3.00 each so each aviary has one....

post-251-1195140036_thumb.jpg

post-251-1195140050_thumb.jpg